OP
OP
John Hughes

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Sarasota I'd love to be apart of the community, my family thinks I'm crazy
Great!
I have a rimless 60 gallon tank, currently, and all I have for corals at the moment are lotsa GSP, Large yellow leather, Small 4-5 head orange acan and medium colony of green button polyps.
My icon pic is a lobo that I had for several months but lost, and cried over. It was such an awesome animal. It would go from solid looking to almost translucent!
:'-(
Looking forward connecting with you and swapping corals and stories

OP
OP
John Hughes

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be interested in some of that in a few weeks.
That would be awesome!
Your tank and it's corals look great!
I have a rimless 60 gallon tank, currently, and all I have for corals at the moment are lotsa GSP, Large yellow leather, Small 4-5 head orange acan and medium colony of green button polyps.
My icon pic is a lobo that I had for several months but lost, and cried over. It was such an awesome animal. It would go from solid looking to almost translucent!
:'-(
Looking forward to connecting you and swapping corals and stories

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not too much to ask. Can you post, if you haven’t already, where you live? I noticed John Hughes is in The Villages, etc.
Just a note, I’m not looking to exchange corals. But willing to give away and/or sell inexpensively. I’m very particular to what I put in my system. I’ve vetted my sources over the years.
I’m also happy to share information. Been in the hobby for 25+ years. In that time I can tell you one thing for certain. No one knows it all. However, I’m willing to share what I do.

Last edited:

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Port Orange but work in Altamonte so I'm back and forth all the time.

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Port Orange but work in Altamonte so I'm back and forth all the time.
If you travel I-4, then you pass right by my exit...SR46. I live 1/2 a mile off the exit.
My son, and his wife, bought a new home in New Smyrna Beach...TODAY. The company he works for is in Maitland.

Last edited:

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you travel I-4, then you pass right by my exit...SR46. I live 1/2 a mile off the exit.
My son, and his wife, bought a new home in New Smyrna Beach...TODAY. The company he works for is in Maitland.

If you don't mind can you PM me a list of what frags you have available and how much you want for them? I'm off all this week finishing my tank up but I'll be back your way next week and I'd love to pick a few things up.

OP
OP
John Hughes

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not too much to ask. Can you post, if you haven’t already, where you live? I noticed John Hughes is in The Villages, etc.
Just a note, I’m not looking to exchange corals. But willing to give away and/or sell inexpensively. I’m very particular to what I put in my system. I’ve vetted my sources over the years.
I’m also happy to share information. Been in the hobby for 25+ years. In that time I can tell you one thing for certain. No one knows it all. However, I’m willing to share what I do.

I live in The Villages and would appreciate any help, and frags :)

Joe BBC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following from Jupiter. New to reefing and have lots of softies waving around that can be fragged. Looking to start an Acro garden but the prices are stopping me. Plus my LFS closed down.:( (Rileys Reef) Has anyone used Ebay for purchases???

OP
OP
John Hughes

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following from Jupiter. New to reefing and have lots of softies waving around that can be fragged. Looking to start an Acro garden but the prices are stopping me. Plus my LFS closed down.:( (Rileys Reef) Has anyone used Ebay for purchases???

Not me

mbelanger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HMpops I live somewhat close to you. Off 414 just west of the RDV. I’d love to buy some stuff from you if you still have frags. I work for the fire department and I’ve remodeling a house so my schedule is a little crazy but maybe we can arrange a time for me to come by sometime?

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HMpops I live somewhat close to you. Off 414 just west of the RDV. I’d love to buy some stuff from you if you still have frags. I work for the fire department and I’ve remodeling a house so my schedule is a little crazy but maybe we can arrange a time for me to come by sometime?
Just left you a PM. Sorry...I'd love to help. Also, my son-in law is with Apopka PD and is resourse officer at The Arbors.

Hannahrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I live in The Villages and as big as this place is I can't find any reefers. [emoji21].

We are in Summerfield⁠— the neighborhood behind the Pedro store, we do alot of our shopping in The Villages. The only reefers we know are the ones who work at Aquatic Design in Ocala.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back