Ceri’s Nano Reef tank

Ceri720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting our saltwater tank. Purchased a Noob coral pack - here is one favorite
915344D5-BF07-4A9A-83C3-2D19E60E0387.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! Beautiful clove polps! How long has it been cycled?

OP
OP
Ceri720

Ceri720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! Beautiful clove polps! How long has it been cycled?
Hi there - so I probably rushed things as I believe we are just at the end of cycling now with Nitrates spiking (5-10ppm). But I am a bit confused as nitrites are zero but we show 0.25 ammonia. We have CUC, a clown fish and 7 corals - all doing well! Corals are growing!

We started with live sand base and live rock from LSF plus some dry marine accent rock. Went through some ugly diatoms and then algae blooms and bryopsis. The CUC has done well. I have some nice corraline algae growing on the larger white live rock.

I do check most parameters (Temp, pH, salinity, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) but do not have a phosphate test. I use the Pro red sea kit and titrate for Ca, Mg and alkalinity but as you probably know - it's more of......is it green now......or is it green NOW? We write down readings in ranges somewhat.

The general information can be confusing - we do 10-15% water changes every couple of days but I also read - don't change much during cycling. I feel we are stabilizing and progressing well though.

I will take images soon.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - so I probably rushed things as I believe we are just at the end of cycling now with Nitrates spiking (5-10ppm). But I am a bit confused as nitrites are zero but we show 0.25 ammonia. We have CUC, a clown fish and 7 corals - all doing well! Corals are growing!

We started with live sand base and live rock from LSF plus some dry marine accent rock. Went through some ugly diatoms and then algae blooms and bryopsis. The CUC has done well. I have some nice corraline algae growing on the larger white live rock.

I do check most parameters (Temp, pH, salinity, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) but do not have a phosphate test. I use the Pro red sea kit and titrate for Ca, Mg and alkalinity but as you probably know - it's more of......is it green now......or is it green NOW? We write down readings in ranges somewhat.

The general information can be confusing - we do 10-15% water changes every couple of days but I also read - don't change much during cycling. I feel we are stabilizing and progressing well though.

I will take images soon.
Ammonia is converted into nitrates, nitrates into nitrite. Prolly why your reading "0" nitrite, for now.

Back