Chaeto alt?

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there anything that can be used as an alternative to Chaeto in a reactor?

I build a chaeto reactor out of an old Aquamaxx reactor, but there is one problem..

I live in Alaska. No one locally has any that I'm aware of. And 90% of everyone is out of is online. The people that do have it want crazy prices to ship it here.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I build a chaeto reactor out of an old Aquamaxx reactor, but there is one problem..

I live in Alaska. No one locally has any that I'm aware of. And 90% of everyone is out of is online. The people that do have it want crazy prices to ship it here.
Bio pellets. Also more consistent than cheato and doesn't need light. Only negative is they dont touch phosphate, but I have to dose phosphate. They do crush nitrate though. I dont even have a reactor. I just put them in a media bag in a high flow area of my sump.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

A great choice would be sea lettuce. It is very fast growing and can be fed to herbivores when trimmed back. ~Shaun K.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back