Chaeto Can't Swim!

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my chaeto seems to sink the to bottom of the refugium while the rest of the ball spins around above.

My guess is that the sinking chaeto just ain't right and I'm better off just removing it.

Has anyone come across this and does it point to any specific problem?

For a few months my chaeto was growing like crazy and I was pulling it out by the fist-full but it seems to have crashed lately and is struggling along.

I've added some trace elements (Fe, etc...) and reduced the lighting to 8 hours/night.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of my chaeto seems to sink the to bottom of the refugium while the rest of the ball spins around above.

My guess is that the sinking chaeto just ain't right and I'm better off just removing it.

Has anyone come across this and does it point to any specific problem?

For a few months my chaeto was growing like crazy and I was pulling it out by the fist-full but it seems to have crashed lately and is struggling along.

I've added some trace elements (Fe, etc...) and reduced the lighting to 8 hours/night.
pics? ~shaun k

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics? ~shaun k
pics really hard to get. refugium is in a brute so you can only peek in from the top and it's a squeeze. it would be really hard to get any worthwhile pic.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back