Chaeto growing too fast?

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a thing but my chaeto keeps growing almost out of the water in my DIY refuge. Is it a good thing that I basically need to be taking some out biweekly or even weekly or is it ok? Thank y'all!

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more it grows the more it's taking out. Unless you have 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates, in which case you should cut the amount of hours on your lighting back.
I need to test and see. I have been busy and haven’t been doing too much testing so ill check that now. Thanks.

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvest mine every other week. Remove 1/3 out and nearly 2 weeks later, my sump are full and start to grow out of water. If i want it to slowdown a bit, just reduce length of time a bit. Mine is between 10-12hrs of light.

OP
OP
Ricksreeefs

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvest mine every other week. Remove 1/3 out and nearly 2 weeks later, my sump are full and start to grow out of water. If i want it to slowdown a bit, just reduce length of time a bit. Mine is between 10-12hrs of light.
Ok yeah, I have my light on for 10hrs a day; I think ill just leave it. I don't mind taking it out. Thanks!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya Mindme gave the right answer. There is no right/wrong answer as to how fast it is growing other than if it is doing the job you want it to(but not more than you want it to).
Yes! This is what you want you just have to make sure you don't slack on the pruning since it's growing so fast! :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back