Chaeto is turning white

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,

I am a new reefer and I have a separate fuge connected to my system that is fairly new. I am trying to grow some chaeto but it is turning white. I have dosed it with chaeto grow, i use Neptune gro for lighting and have a small 8 watt power head for some flow. My nitrates are 10-20 but my phosphates are 0. Should I just take the chateo out of the fuge for now? i have thousands of pods in there. Can I run the fuge with out any microalgae growing in there?

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,

I am a new reefer and I have a separate fuge connected to my system that is fairly new. I am trying to grow some chaeto but it is turning white. I have dosed it with chaeto grow, i use Neptune gro for lighting and have a small 8 watt power head for some flow. My nitrates are 10-20 but my phosphates are 0. Should I just take the chateo out of the fuge for now? i have thousands of pods in there. Can I run the fuge with out any microalgae growing in there?
are you running any gfo?

OP
OP
G

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had everything up and running? If your cheato is turning white it's definitely dying probably from no p04 you can take it out if you let it just sit and die it will release all the nutrients back into the water
about six weeks.

Back