Chaeto - light and dark green

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys. Added a baseball size Chaeto to my refugium on 12/11. It has quadrupled in size if not more. I have the Kessil H380 running from 9pm-9am 8" above the water opposite of my display tank lighting.

I've noticed that the bottom of the chaeto is dark green and rest of it is lighter. Good or bad on the light green Chaeto?

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how my chaeto grows. I believe the new growth is just a lighter color and it darkens as it ages. This is common in the plant world. New growth/foliage will be a different shade from the mature plant material.

If its bad, then we are both about to learn something!

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how my chaeto grows. I believe the new growth is just a lighter color and it darkens as it ages. This is common in the plant world. New growth/foliage will be a different shade from the mature plant material.

If its bad, then we are both about to learn something!

I’m thinking the same. I think if something was wrong, I would get no growth at all.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is same in ARID reactor. I think it's lighter closer to light and darker as it grows out. IMO, if it's growing it's doing what it's supposed to be doing

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is same in ARID reactor. I think it's lighter closer to light and darker as it grows out. IMO, if it's growing it's doing what it's supposed to be doing
That's my motto with most of reefing. If its growing, you're doing something right. Not always sure what I'm doing right...

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the chaeto doesn't tumble you get this light green vs dark green. I just flip it from time to time, if/when I remember.

Fitzty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys ramp up the light? I have the 380 and bleach fried a softball size fast. Moved the light up and trying again but wondering if I should go from 2 hours to 3 and up to 8...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back