CHAETO LIGHT SCHEDULE

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, so I have a newly established HOB refugium which gets about 30-60 minutes of direct light per day being near my window in the morning. With the rest of the day indirect sunlight, I have a IM chaeto max light set for 10 pm to 6 am which would give it about 1-2 hours of actual darkness everyday. I have been researching the possible benefits of running a reverse schedule to my tank lights however I am thinking my chaeto might benefit more running during the day and having a true dark period since it's exposed to light throughout the day anyway. Any thoughts?

20210504_163247.jpg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i would go reverse schedule to help stabilize ph. I dont think indirect lighting really makes much of a difference(though i could be wrong). I can say in one of my setups the cheato light is on from 10pm to 2pm and gets indirect lighting the rest of the day and it does just fine.

OP
OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i would go reverse schedule to help stabilize ph. I dont think indirect lighting really makes much of a difference(though i could be wrong). I can say in one of my setups the cheato light is on from 10pm to 2pm and gets indirect lighting the rest of the day and it does just fine.
Maybe I should reduce the 8 hrs?, it's still in the early stages I might just keep it and monitor.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reverse of the main display for stability. What are your current N & P #'s? If low, then 8hrs will be sufficient, but if they're a little high, then I would shoot for 12hrs.
Great advise here! :cool:

Back