Chaeto question

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To sea creatures green water can be full of nutrients and food. Pods would love it. Humans are just too picky

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hadn't thought of growing Chaeto / pods outside the tank.... my tank is sometimes too clean to keep it going.
Worth a shot instead of losing it to too clean of water if you aren't going to increase nutrients. But if your tank is too clean then you likely don't need a macro to take in nutrients to begin with. o_O They joys of owning a reef tank haha

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth a shot instead of losing it to too clean of water if you aren't going to increase nutrients. But if your tank is too clean then you likely don't need a macro to take in nutrients to begin with. o_O They joys of owning a reef tank haha
Yeah, balancing act for sure. I want it clean enough to do SPS, but I want the pods to have a nice breeding ground. I was running Chemi-Pure Elite, but that nuked the Chaeto likely because the water was too clean. Might convert my 16 Nano to an algae/pod tank.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, balancing act for sure. I want it clean enough to do SPS, but I want the pods to have a nice breeding ground. I was running Chemi-Pure Elite, but that nuked the Chaeto likely because the water was too clean. Might convert my 16 Nano to an algae/pod tank.
If you have any tangs or foxface in your sps tank you could do red ogo instead of chaeto. So if you need to move it over the the other tank and prune it back it can be a food source as well!

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any tangs or foxface in your sps tank you could do red ogo instead of chaeto. So if you need to move it over the the other tank and prune it back it can be a food source as well!
Long time user of your products, are there any pics or videos around of your facility and what goes into the production side?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Long time user of your products, are there any pics or videos around of your facility and what goes into the production side?
Hi there! Thanks for being a loyal AlgaeBarn customer! Unfortunately we do not have any videos of our facility as that is proprietary information :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back