Change Frequency of Trident Alarms?

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to change the frequency of certain alarms? I'm running the Trident on a 4/2/2 schedule, but all of the alarms go off once an hour, which means I get 6 or 12 alerts before the Trident tests again... I'd love to change those to once a day or once every 12 hours. I've seen some really complicated methods of making multiple virtual outlets to create my own version of a one time alarm, but I would think this very expensive Apex monitoring system would have a feature to change frequency of alarms.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex alarm architecture is very limited. It treats all alarm conditions equally regardless of the source, and can only report on a single active alarm at a time, so once your Trident is in alarm state, you won’t be notified of any other alarm, including critical conditions like temperature.

The only way to customize specific alarm conditions is by using virtual outputs.

See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for an example of one-time alarm notifications, as well as tips to optimize and prioritize your alarms so critical issues don’t get overlooked.

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks. I looked at your post and it makes sense, make a virtual output and add that to my alarm. Is it possible to just get one notification when Alk is high or low, and only turn off when it's back within range? Because what you've described in your post will send a notification of an alarm and then will follow with that alarm being turned off. For your case of an empty container, you only need one notification to go fill it and then you're good. With Alk, Calc, etc. it could be a recurring thing, so I want to be told at every testing interval if it's still high or not, but only on testing intervals (6 hours for alk, 12 hours for calc/mag). Is the 1hr notification set by the EmailAlm function or the virtual output? If I have the following code below, will I get the desired result or will it just tell EmailAlm for 6 hours the alk is high and i'll get 6 individual notifications?

Set OFF
If Alk > 9.50 Then ON
If Alk < 8.00 Then ON
Defer 360:00 Then OFF

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back