Changing aquascape suggestions

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g and 80g connected by one sump. I want to change out all the rock and the new aquascape will be the negative space and the rock will all be dry. My question is, how can I make it so things don’t go all out of which when doing this? In my sump, I have some rocks, and in the 80g there are some rocks as well. I also have a marinepure rock in the sump. Any suggestion

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g and 80g connected by one sump. I want to change out all the rock and the new aquascape will be the negative space and the rock will all be dry. My question is, how can I make it so things don’t go all out of which when doing this? In my sump, I have some rocks, and in the 80g there are some rocks as well. I also have a marinepure rock in the sump. Any suggestion
Nothing you can do to stop it from
Going out of wack. I would just maybe put some more marine pure media in your sump and let that get established before you take out the old rock. Maybe also get some different nitrifying bacteria cultures like Tim’s one and only and just put a bit of a few of them in the system, not the full dose. Hopefully that would give you some biodiversity of bacteria. Also maybe get something like vibrant, microbacter clean, one of those heterotrophic bacterial products that will outcompete any pest algae on your new rocks from the start.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is that exact job done as a work thread:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

we used that thread to prove that reef tank water can cycle other tanks, it has floating bac for sure.

but the benefit to you is the full new rock swap portion. the way the params were managed by him

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.9%
Back