Changing from Aquaforest Balling to Tropic Marin Balling

AustinPH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like all of the plastic that comes with the Aquaforest Balling kits and my wife has been pushing our household to use less plastic container so i want to start mixing my own using the original Tropic Marin powders. Technically they should both be the same chemicals, so do i need a transition period? And if so what would be the best way to do that? TIA

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason not to just make your own aquaforest solutions? Only the premade solutions come in the big jugs.

OP
OP
A

AustinPH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they offer a powdered solution? I couldn't find them when i was looking.

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about Tropic Marin All for Reef? You can make it yourself, I need to find one of my posts where I was given a recipe. I recently moved from AF 123 to All for Reef and I quite like the simplicity.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just the info i was looking for.
It is important to note, that the Aquaforest Balling solutions are "based on the Ballling Method", but are significantly different than the true Balling Method that Tropic Marin makes. There are some functional differences that should be taken into consideration when switching from one to the other. These differences are mostly in relation to trace element and magnesium supplementation. With the true Balling Method, Mg and trace elements need to be supplemented separately from the Balling Parts A,B and C. In the Aquaforest version, the company claims that supplementation of those trace elements and Mg are included in their parts A, B and C.

OP
OP
A

AustinPH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great reply thanks!

Since i am changing because i don't like the plastic waste of the Aquaforest. You are saying i should also get a MG and trace element supplement, sticking with the Tropic Marin brand what would you suggest just the 'Bio-Magnesium' or should i get something else as well?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great reply thanks!

Since i am changing because i don't like the plastic waste of the Aquaforest. You are saying i should also get a MG and trace element supplement, sticking with the Tropic Marin brand what would you suggest just the 'Bio-Magnesium' or should i get something else as well?
If you want to stick with the Tropic Marin product line, then you would get the Bio-Magnesium for your Mg supplementation. That Mg you would dose separately from the Balling. For the trace elements, you would get the Tropic Marin Trace A and Trace K. You can add the Trace K to the Balling A solution. And you can add the Trace A to the Balling B solution.

OP
OP
A

AustinPH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect thank you, this should actually help a lot because my MG is always really high.

Back