Changing light source trying to avoid shocking my corals with a different spectrum and intensity (Help)

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a Coral box moon which was awsome both I and the corals loved it. But it has no knobs and is set by a phone app. Me and APPS are not best friends. hence that why I bought a Kessil A160we because it has knobs and i am kind of analogue
I was running from Blue to white spectrum 50% 50% 50% 6% 6% 6% for 6.5 hours a day to avoid an algae bloom.
I have some questions regarding avoiding shocking my corals with a different spectrum and intensity. I will try to match by eye and intuition but that is basically fancy words for guessing. Any hints?

QUESTIONS:
Do you guys just run it on timer or use the Kessil controller? (I dont want to fork out for a controller)
What settings do you use at what height from the top of water in what size tank.

Thanks guys

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A controller is beneficial for creating stable color programming. Manual changes will never be exact and can serve to majorly shock and irritate corals. If you don’t want to get a controller, I would set one color you can tolerate, put on a timer, and use that color for 8 hours a day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back