Chattanooga area club meeting set!!!

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have a club meeting at my place Sat. Sept 23 noonish. We will have pizza & drinks. Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested. We live a couple miles off hwy 111 just before you drop down into Dunlap, PM me or call 667 7608 for directions. We have plenty of room & parking also trails to walk and a lake for family members who are less interested in aquariums.

Glad to see this!
Jim

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to attending!! I'd like to bring something. Anything you need?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reminding everyone of the upcoming meeting, Saturday, Sept. 23rd at noon (ish). Would be great if we could get as many people as possible to attend. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's the day before the meeting and only one person has ask for the address/location. One person does not a meeting make and as it turns out I am swamped with stuff to do right now so I'm calling off the meeting. If anyone wants to pick another date and try again I would be happy to host or attend but it does appear the Chattanooga reef club is dead. Robink (the one person who ask for the location) If you would like to come by some time give me a shout and we will have a nice visit. Sorry it didn't work!

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that jim, I was going to plan on it. We have a decent amount of activity on the facebook group, but given that it was your house I wasn't going to post it over there without authorization. Hopefully we can make it work next time.

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Facebook group? I haven't heard about that. Give me the link I'd like to see what's up there. Maybe it would work if we posted info there, people don't seem to check this site very often.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem Jim. I understand. I'd still like to meet some people in the area in the hobby. So maybe we can get together some other time.

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We talked about seeing if we could put a notice or poster up at the LFS stores to get the word out. It looks like people don't check this forum enough as it is to set up any thing. Think there is plenty of people who would like to have a club, reaching them all is the real problem.

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We talked about seeing if we could put a notice or poster up at the LFS stores to get the word out. It looks like people don't check this forum enough as it is to set up any thing. Think there is plenty of people who would like to have a club, reaching them all is the real problem.
A idea, start an email list. We could easily start an email chain and distribute any upcoming events.

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the way to communicate for sure once we had the list. Any one that knows some people that would be interested please start your list and we will combine them at some point and go from there. This will be a very good start!

Jim

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the way to communicate for sure once we had the list. Any one that knows some people that would be interested please start your list and we will combine them at some point and go from there. This will be a very good start!

Jim
I'll start the ball rolling. [email protected] my name is Ty.

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS's just really hate the club, and unfortunately it compounds a cycle that hurts the whole hobby in the area. Knoxville and Nashville have big clubs, Atlanta has a huge club, but somehow we cant get 3 warm bodies in a room anymore. I think if we posted on the facebook group we might get some more action. There are also a lot of semi-local vendors there that maybe could donate some raffles items to get people to show up - Like the old days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back