Cheap equipment

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm fixing to come into a little bit of money from an inheritance from my mother's passing back in February. When I got into the hobby I bought a bunch of cheap equipment like that Tom Rapids all-in-one filtration with protein skimmer so on and so forth cuz I was trying to save money. So now I'm looking at getting a sump getting a controller protein skimmer basically the whole nine yards light and everything I really like the maxspect razor recurve but I think I'm going to be able to afford that my local fish store has told me that the cheap equipment that I've got from current USA is enough to grow SPS in mixed reef tank which I don't agree with after doing all the studying that I've seen and research that I've done. My question is and kind of a pole at that also is what brand is a good brand what brand is a run-of-the-mill that will also help grow good corals. I do realize after doing more research that I did make a beginner mistake and go with the cheap stuff instead of taking them time and spending the money and getting the good stuff like I should have so everyone's opinion will be welcome and let's have a great discussion

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back