Cheap rimless aquariums?

i lik fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, newbie here. I have a 29 gal reef tank, and I look to transfer over to a nicer looking setup. Do you know of any good rimless aquariums? Preferably 40 or 55 with a overflow option for a sump. Thanks!

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new as well and have been researching bigger tanks and have found that red reefer tanks have good rating u just have to upgrade some of the parts in the sump tank like the protein skimmer and ATO. Along with adding a refugium section but for the money they seem to be good

Shua71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SC Aquariums. Very affordable and I love the quality of mine

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Blue Professional makes fairly inexpensive decent quality traditional standard sized rimless tanks. I ordered the non reef ready 57 Edge (36x18x20) for $320 from my LFS. It has a low iron glass front viewing panel and is built with 1/2” thick glass and black silicone. I chose the non reef ready version so I could drill it for a low profile Modular Marine ghost overflow that I will set it up with a Beananimal style drain. With the ghost overflow installed, I think it looks a lot cleaner than the tanks with the bulky internal center overflows that are limited to only Herbie set ups.

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/edge.html

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from aqua max from marine depot . Com. I have their 4.9 pico which turned out OK but consider myself lucky. Went through two of their 22g long before sending the last one back and giving up. Bad or missing silicone. No way those tanks were “individually inspected” as they’re advertised. Not like I needed to get out the magnifying glass either. Glass cages didn’t work for me either. I read a lot of mixed reviews. The guy seemed odd over the phone and shipping/drop shipping a tank even near my location was outrageous. Good luck!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep Blue Professional makes fairly inexpensive decent quality traditional standard sized rimless tanks. I ordered the non reef ready 57 Edge (36x18x20) for $320 from my LFS. It has a low iron glass front viewing panel and is built with 1/2” thick glass and black silicone. I chose the non reef ready version so I could drill it for a low profile Modular Marine ghost overflow that I will set it up with a Beananimal style drain. With the ghost overflow installed, I think it looks a lot cleaner than the tanks with the bulky internal center overflows that are limited to only Herbie set ups.

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/edge.html
I want this tank... but the only LFS near me doesn’t have it and I can’t find them online anywhere. Ps do you have build thread yet?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want this tank... but the only LFS near me doesn’t have it and I can’t find them online anywhere. Ps do you have build thread yet?

Nope, no build thread yet. Once I start building the stand, I’ll get a build thread going. I finally drilled for the ghost overflow, dual locline returns and painted the back panel black and I must say, it looks pretty sweet! :D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back