Cheato Reactor

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I've got a two little fishies phosoban reactor that I turned into a cheato Reactor added my cheato and it's bleaching. I've been running the light for 10 hours a day. (It's the red/blue led tape light) should I cut back to like 6 hours a day. And move up or would something like a 2 hour on 2 hour off schedule be better? Also I'm using a maxijet 400 to feed it what should the flow be like through this reactor?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I've got a two little fishies phosoban reactor that I turned into a cheato Reactor added my cheato and it's bleaching. I've been running the light for 10 hours a day. (It's the red/blue led tape light) should I cut back to like 6 hours a day. And move up or would something like a 2 hour on 2 hour off schedule be better? Also I'm using a maxijet 400 to feed it what should the flow be like through this reactor?
Bleaching is indicative that there is too much light. If you can dial back the intensity that is what I would do. Flow is not that important. If you can't adjust the intensity, blackout some of the diodes.

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching is indicative that there is too much light. If you can dial back the intensity that is what I would do. Flow is not that important. If you can't adjust the intensity, blackout some of the diodes.
I thought it was because of to much light but wast sure if I should block out diodes or cut time thanks for the input!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back