!!!CHECK OUT THE RIM ON MY BC EFFLO 2.0!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I always say, there are two kinds of reefers in the world, those that love Efflos and those don't. I am at the far extreme side of "love", and have long been fascinated by this awesome species.

When this thing was a baby, roughly 3 years ago, I really really wanted to do a "time-lapse" thing over the years as it grew up. Well, that notion never got any farther than a thought, unfortunately, but over the years as this thing has gotten bigger and better, it's really become the king of the tank. I mean it just rules! But what I love most, is the crazy thick clustered rim on this thing. Not the typical single row of purple tips and polyps usually seen with efflos, but a massive sprawling cluster of bumpy wonder. And the underside has taken on its own identity as well!

I don't shoot my display often but I just had to document this thing. The pics on the site do this piece little, and I mean very little justice.

Maybe I just love efflos too much, lol but the old BC EFFLO 2.0 has become a permanent powerhouse among my collection. And I had to show it off:) For all the kindred Efflo lovers out there.

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0899-Edit.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Last edited:

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def need a couple efflos in my next box. Got a spot picked out on the new build that I been saving for a nice efflo. Really love this piece and def on my list although I'm like you and i love efflos and soli type acros.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always say, there are two kinds of reefers in the world, those that love Efflos and those don't. I am at the far extreme side of "love", and have long been fascinated by this awesome species.

When this thing was a baby, roughly 3 years ago, I really really wanted to do a "time-lapse" thing over the years as it grew up. Well, that notion never got any farther than a thought, unfortunately, but over the years as this thing has gotten bigger and better, it's really become the king of the tank. I mean it just rules! But what I love most, is the crazy thick clustered rim on this thing. Not the typical single row of purple tips and polyps usually seen with efflos, but a massive sprawling cluster of bumpy wonder. And the underside has taken on its own identity as well!

I don't shoot my display often but I just had to document this thing. The pics on the site do this piece little, and I mean very little justice.

Maybe I just love efflos too much, lol but the old BC EFFLO 2.0 has become a permanent powerhouse among my collection. And I had to show it off:) For all the kindred Efflo lovers out there.

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0899-Edit.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg
Gorgeous! Efflos tend to elongate and grow more “fingers” when in lower flow and they flatten and compact like plates in higher flow. I remember seeing pictures from Vincent Chalias of wild colonies in different areas of the reef taking on interesting shapes based on how much flow they receive.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gorgeous! Efflos tend to elongate and grow more “fingers” when in lower flow and they flatten and compact like plates in higher flow. I remember seeing pictures from Vincent Chalias of wild colonies in different areas of the reef taking on interesting shapes based on how much flow they receive.

Interesting! I'll admit this one gets hit pretty hard actually.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used the link to look at the efflo. Awesome efflo. I went ahead and looked at some of your other corals. What's the deal with the fairy food? Curious what that coral would look like from a distance.
You have a nice selection and the pictures showing true colors is a welcome sight.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Used the link to look at the efflo. Awesome efflo. I went ahead and looked at some of your other corals. What's the deal with the fairy food? Curious what that coral would look like from a distance.
You have a nice selection and the pictures showing true colors is a welcome sight.

Ahh yes, the richly elusive fairy food....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's pretty dope!

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a frag of BC Efflo in my tank several years ago before I moved, it was for sure one of my top 5 corals. The color and growth pattern were phenomenal. On my list, and need to get another piece soon. So cool!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a frag of BC Efflo in my tank several years ago before I moved, it was for sure one of my top 5 corals. The color and growth pattern were phenomenal. On my list, and need to get another piece soon. So cool!

Yes! thanks a lot for the post By all means man I will hook you up my friend!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back