Check out what I saw at a lfs.

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 4"+ Chaoti Leopard Wrasse. I just can't resist it as it was eating and the price is right. So I bought it and will pick it up on Saturday, as I had to go back to work. I can't wait to pick it up.

6288506069_d2f60c5e3d_b.jpg

They also has a 5"+ Male Watanabei Angel that just came in the day before. I really wanted to buy him too, but he's not eating yet.

6289031914_b64ec902c5_b.jpg

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope the wrasse does well for you..

I hope so too, I do have a Ornate Leopard Wrasse in the tank that I have for about 2yrs now. The Choati eating at the lfs is a good sign and they have it for over 1 week. It will be going in a 185gal tank that's mainly stocked with fairy and flasher wrasses.

texsun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pick up and best of luck on it. I've kept a couple and they didn't last past a couple of weeks. :sad:

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of curiosity, what was it eating at the lfs? picking at rocks/pods or prepared/frozen foods? are you planning on qt to get it eating prepared foods if not doing so already?

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pick up and best of luck on it. I've kept a couple and they didn't last past a couple of weeks. :sad:

I know the track record of the Choati, but I just can't resist the purchase after seeing it eat and the price the lfs selling it at.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of curiosity, what was it eating at the lfs? picking at rocks/pods or prepared/frozen foods? are you planning on qt to get it eating prepared foods if not doing so already?

It was picking around the rocks when I first saw it, I asked whether it was eating and they fed it some jumbo mysis and it went right for the mysis. I plan on introducing it straight into my 185gal display, I know that's not wise, but that's probably the best chance for it to survive. I will treat the tank with Prazipro just in case its carrying any fluke or internal parasite.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are great signs of it doing well long term. yeah prazi is pretty great. i treat all new fish with prazi. if you have corals in your tank, maybe prazi dip might work better than treating the entire tank. either way, good luck and keep us updated on this beauty.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are great signs of it doing well long term. yeah prazi is pretty great. i treat all new fish with prazi. if you have corals in your tank, maybe prazi dip might work better than treating the entire tank. either way, good luck and keep us updated on this beauty.

I had treated the whole tank with Prazipro before and corals seem to be fine, but my conchs were not too happy.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pickup the Choati wrasse this afternoon. I also bought the male Watanabei too, as he was eating when they fed them. I have both of them in QT instead and will treat them with prazipro tomorrow.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Choati came out from the sand this afternoon, fed them some mysis and Choati started eating, and the Watanabei also started eating after seeing the Choati ate. They seem to like the PE Mysis. I didn't get any new picture as the Choati went back into the sand shortly after eating.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added Prazipro to the QT last night. Here's the only decent picture I took with my phone when they were first in the QT.

6298990572_b652c0f244_z.jpg

Last edited:

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's great news...glad they are both doing well for you right off the bat

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Choati out for the 1st time since Sunday. He ate some PE mysis and then went back into the sand, only out for about 15mins. The Watanabei is still eaing mysis pretty well.

Back