Checking in and an observation...

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sheridan Reefers. Hope you're all wintering well. Just stopped by to say hi and relate what I did today.

I need to do some work on my tanks so I stopped into our local fish store. I admit I have not been pleased with it for quite some time especially since it changed ownership. I had not been in there for sometime because whenever I did stop in, they never, ever had anything I wanted or needed. And I used to spend quite a bit of money in there on a regular basis.
So, I needed some dechlor, Prime, etc and decided I'd run in. Oh My, God! I opened the door and the first thing that hit me was the stench! The smell was over powering. Almost made me gag. Next thing I noticed other than there not being anyone up front, was the shelves. Almost bare. And the mess!! When I looked behind the front checkout counter, there was so much trash and papers on the floor you couldn't even walk back there to get to the cash register. I went down the fish isle thinking Prime was common enough that they might keep that in stock. Wrong! The cages of small animals reeked they were so bad. I found the new owner in the back. Said she didn't hear me come in! I asked about Prime or even Stresscoat, etc and she said she *just sold the last two bottles* but would be happy to order me some. Um... no thanks. Then she said "I've got some pretty little *fishies* here on sale though". I told her I had marine tanks, not fresh water but thanks anyway.
Honestly... I couldn't get out of there fast enough. not only the smell but it was so sad! It's obvious this woman knows nothing about running a business or cleaning and is clearly overwhelmed and in over her head. I feel bad for her but that place has gone downhill so bad it's very sad. I ended up going to WalMart and picking up a bottle of stresscoat even though it wasn't what I wanted.
I so wish someone would open a *quality* fish place here and that the people of Sheridan would frequent it and support it so it could stay viable and we'd have quick access to what we need! As it stands now, I will be getting everything online. I can't think of any reason to go in there again.
Very sad.
Terri

"

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad but true. I was thinking the other day that the old Lannon's paint store would make a great location for a Pet Store.

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well no need to worry about going in there now, that terrible excuse for a pet store has been shut down. probly for good, cant say ill miss it, but i would REALLY like to have a pet store that i would miss if it closed down. The last 3 times i went in there i tried to have her order stuff for me, because its are ONLY pet store and i didnt want to see it close down, but after never getting the things i ordered through them, i just desited,like terri, to only do online orders for my pet products. But yes some one should start a real pet store, i would be in there ALL the time, as long as it had marine life ;)

Back