Checkout my QT shopping list

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be getting my new Reefer 250 wet this week so I'm starting to finalize what I will need for a QT tank. See my current cart below, any suggestions or changes I should make? Thanks!

Aqueon 10 Gallon tank
Aqueon Clip On LED
Digitial Thermometer
Marineland 50 watt heater
AquaClear 20 Power Filter w/ 3 additional foam inserts (I plan to rotate a new one in my sump each time I need to use the QT tank)
2x 2" PVC for hiding spots
2x Ammonia Alert Badge
13 gallon rated air pump + stone

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add a bottle of bacteria. It would also be helpful to eventually put a filter pad to be washed (under the foam so you can use the foam as biomedia). I'd also add the medicine onto this list if you haven't decided on that yet

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add a bottle of bacteria. It would also be helpful to eventually put a filter pad to be washed (under the foam so you can use the foam as biomedia). I'd also add the medicine onto this list if you haven't decided on that yet
Thanks! I figure I'll pick up the medicine from my LFS when i'm buying the first fish :)

OP
OP
BetterJake

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what fish you are getting I would go with something bigger than 10 Gal. A 20 long works well for QT
I'm torn between the 10 or 20. The main tank is a reefer 250 (54 gal) so I wont really have any large fish. I'd like the smaller size and maintenance to be minimal for the QT tank, figured the 10 would do that for me

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have smaller fish I would think that would work great. I use 20 longs and a 40 breeder but Im QTing Tangs and some other fish that are 4-6"

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back