Chemi pure

Doobie65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it be ok to run chemi pure media while My tanknis new? Having some diatom issues and most reefers are saying to let it run its course so I dont want to disturb it! The bottle says that it will knock down the silicates and thats whats feeding the diatom from my understanding. So yes or no to adding? Also dipped a few zoas and wanted to clean up any meds from the dip that may have entered my tank. Thanks.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank, if it is just diatoms and it's not irritating anything in the tank I would try to let it run its course. From my experience part of having a new tank is diatoms, they go away once the tank has settled. If they are not causing harm I would try to avoid adding more chemicals to a new tank. Obviously if it's causing problems then you can try it

OP
OP
D

Doobie65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank, if it is just diatoms and it's not irritating anything in the tank I would try to let it run its course. From my experience part of having a new tank is diatoms, they go away once the tank has settled. If they are not causing harm I would try to avoid adding more chemicals to a new tank. Obviously if it's causing problems then you can try it
You can, but personally i'd let tank balance out and clear up before you add it.
10 4 thats what I will do. I wasnt adding it to get rid of t
Ok , yea I wasnt wanting to add chemi pure to get rid of the diatoms as I understand it needs to run its course. I wanted to add it to be sure to neutralize any of the coral dip that may have got in the tank but adding it may mess up the diatom cycle so I will hold off. Everything seems fine with the zoas and clowns. Thank you!

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your dip should be diluted enough that water changes will deal with that unless you have a large amount in the tank.
Something that I do to avoid dip getting into the tank is, after you acclimated and dipped your coral use a container of clean tank water to wash any dip of before the coral goes into the tank, only need a quick dip in tank water to wash it off. Removes all worry if dip getting into the tank

OP
OP
D

Doobie65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your dip should be diluted enough that water changes will deal with that unless you have a large amount in the tank.
Something that I do to avoid dip getting into the tank is, after you acclimated and dipped your coral use a container of clean tank water to wash any dip of before the coral goes into the tank, only need a quick dip in tank water to wash it off. Removes all worry if dip getting into the tank
Thank you for the tip , I appreciate it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back