Chemiclean and Peroxide

Rjondo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been battling cyno and hair algae for awhile now. I first tried Vibrant and went through 2 bottles and had no luck. I then tried Chemiclean and dosed twice and my Cyno seemed to go away. I have used peroxide for GHA with success before. Yesterday i did a water change after my second dose of Chemiclean and used some peroxide on a patch of GHA to see if it would get rid of it. I went down to my 125 gallon tank today and all of my corals are either bleached white or closed up. Has anyone run into this problem before?

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been battling cyno and hair algae for awhile now. I first tried Vibrant and went through 2 bottles and had no luck. I then tried Chemiclean and dosed twice and my Cyno seemed to go away. I have used peroxide for GHA with success before. Yesterday i did a water change after my second dose of Chemiclean and used some peroxide on a patch of GHA to see if it would get rid of it. I went down to my 125 gallon tank today and all of my corals are either bleached white or closed up. Has anyone run into this problem before?
What kind of coral were bleached? I use peroxide and Chemipure (believe it’s similar) and have never had a problem. You have to be careful to rinse all peroxide off before putting back in tank, but I’ve seen people spray it directly on live rock in their tank when doing water changes, and it having no affect as long as it’s kept to a minimal.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back