**Cherry Corals Summer Spectacular Live Sale! Father's Day Weekend, 6-19, 6-20!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tang, but cares less about eating it. I have to get a turkey baster and blow it away from the coral every 4 to 5 days, any idea why this algae is growing so fast?
@Texas Rick are you trolling or would you like some genuine advice sir?!?... hahaha

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tang, but cares less about eating it. I have to get a turkey baster and blow it away from the coral every 4 to 5 days, any idea why this algae is growing so fast?
Does it form what looks like air bubbles when it grows?

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it form what looks like air bubbles when it grows?
yes and no. Im not sure if its the micro bubbles its picking up from the skimmer. My skimmer makes micro bubbles. but it is hairy. i can blow it with a turkey baster and it blows away

Last edited:

OwduaNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, good. Most likely not Dino’s then. I’ve had success with emerald crabs and peppermint shrimp. I guess the other side to look at is how much nutrients you have in the water.
I’m also trying the microbacter stuff but still have algae growing.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, good. Most likely not Dino’s then. I’ve had success with emerald crabs and peppermint shrimp. I guess the other side to look at is how much nutrients you have in the water.
I do know that when im siphoning the brown stuff, it clumps up like its sticking together.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what i dose manually in the water Red sea NOPO, Red Sea Trace Colors A, B, C, D. Red Sea Reef Energy plus AB+, coral nectar, absolute aminos oh and i started to use aquafrost garlic oil and growth hack for the fish

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since i started to use the trace colors, reef energy, coral nectar and absolute aminos, I've noticed my hammer colors very vibrant. There was a point that i noticed that the tentacles were turning clear color. or losing there green color and the tips were fading away. But the Hairy stuff has been there before dosing

Back