• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no he isn't and he hasn't been since like a week after he was made one...he became a mod and didn't post so his privileges were pulled....sorry guys its been such a hassle hope it works out for ya.....:sad:

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ok with reef up getting his share and wait till they're healed and shipped to the new grower.
i'm sticking with the yp10 as well.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuki it is, I agree, he has a skitles acan he said he would sell for 40.00 (2-3heads) and we could add it on, I can post a pic that he sent. He said it came from Darell (all delight) and I did not see it in the list of what was bought, but I could be wrong.

With regard to Ty I am hopefull once some time passes he responds. Thats why I was asking if there was someone else who had some rapport with the guy.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ok with reef up getting his share and wait till they're healed and shipped to the new grower.

We'll be lucky to get frag plugs from him at this point. As long as he can look himself in the mirror. That's what counts, right guys?! :)

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll be lucky to get frag plugs from him at this point. As long as he can look himself in the mirror. That's what counts, right guys?! :)

Is it safe to assume you never got a reply or did you have a chance to try?

On a positive note here is the Skittles acan-I told him we wanted the Yuki and that to add this on as well.

I am adding it to the package and can figure who all is on later, its only 40.00

7acbe14c.jpg

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we did get some acans from alldelight so not sure if it's the same one

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we did get some acans from alldelight so not sure if it's the same one

I see the pics from the alldelight buy, but gave up after searching 12 pages-I saw a reference to Skittles to but since I am not in on that one I dont know-

Like I seaid, I am having him ship it to me, if anyone wants in we can cross that bridge later.

The Yuki has not melted but has tissue loss and is not inflated at all

I bet that some of it will live but the majority looks bad an its not what we "bought" Chestnud said he will replace it from the PMs I have received

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

An update of sorts, Tysen texted me after I sent him another text basiclly saying we are hoping to get what we all paid in for and not to take offense to the suggestion of shipping them out 1st and fragging them later which is a shortened version of what I sent.

Here is his reply word for word

"Hey sorry phone got disconnected couplenof them need to heal a little more before I feel safe sending them but let's shootnfor about a Monday away?"

My reply;
"Just tell me how I can help or what you need from me.
Thanks"

His reply;
" Will do...who else keeps texting me about the acans?"

Me;
"Beerman had asked me for your number a few weeks ago-people are scared, its a lot of money"

Him;
"Yeah there's no worries just need more time in my day is all"

Thats it word for word- now we wait, still hoping for the best outcome:squigglemouth:

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, since he's letting them "heal", does that mean he fragged his?

Sounds like it. Unfortunately we never saw any detailed pictures so for all we know he could have chopped them in half...

Does anyone know if we sent him any money directly or did we send directly to the sponsors?

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered my own question...

Looks like I sent $83 as a gift (always a bad idea) and $159 as a payment to Tysen via PayPal...keep that in mind.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure they were fragged-

Beerman (Derek) actually spoke to him and said he sounded like a straight shooter, (I am paraphrasing of course) and once they heal he plans to ship, which I would suspect will be a couple weeks.

Maybe Beerman will chime in if there is more to add, for know I am keeping the faith and hoping all goes as planned.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I talked to him last night.

First off I'm not going to pad it...much. I'm disappointed with how this growout has gone. I know he has some personal issues in his life but he volunteered for this so he took on the responsibility. To not give an update once per month is not cool. I didn't ask him what is going on in his life because it is not my business and because I couldn't think of anything that would make me feel it was ok to ignore us. With that said, as a God fearing Christian I was brought up to not judge. While in the same situation I know I would have given updates...this is the path he has chosen. I am confident he will get us our corals. I'm guessing within a month. I would also guess that the growout time for us is going to be extended some because he fragged his share. We will probably even lose a couple of pieces because of it. But we are going to have to live with this because we entrusted him with these corals. I feel pressing him isn't going to help matters in any way. I asked him to keep me and/or Brad updated via txt msg every couple of weeks and he said he would. That's all I got for info. He does seem like a nice guy but just handles life's pressures differently than we would like.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuki update

Well you guys will never have to worry about an update from me thats for certain.

Speaking of updates here is the Yuki as of today-some tissue loss for sure around 11:00-1:00 o'clock and the mouths' look pretty faded but I think it'll pull through

IMG_3664.jpg

Hopefully in time it will be closer to this (oh and thats the type of pics you will see in updates-not some pic from my phone-:nerd:)

IMG_3666.jpg

FWIW-the bottom acan is the SC Dragon Tail-:squigglemouth:

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots! Those look like some happy acans!

They are fat and happy

Nice. What is the one above the dragontail?

its the RNJ Rainbow Dream (I just named it-LOL)

Tysen sent me a text, all the cans are healing nicely and he is going to send some cans from his private collection to help make up for whats happened. Its a gesture of good will and I think that's a nice form of appeasement.

Anyway I am going to send a PM to Financial so he can get those labels to Ty and hopefully before months end this will be behind us.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back