• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we decided what we're going to do with the Yuki refund? Will we need a replacement or should we pick something new out? Sounded like it was doing alright.

$ is in my PayPal account for whenever a decision is made.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get some macros over the weekend and top down if I can get good focus
Sorry forall the pics, but we have waited a long time-;:tongue:

There will be better ones so please accept these crappy photos:pound:
A1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

A4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good! Curious how much flow you have in the tank they're in?

Ordered a 24" x 16" x 14" acrylic tank today from AdvancedAcrylics just for acans that will be plumbed into my main system. Picking up a 4 bulb T5 for it on Sunday!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great guys glad it all worked out...;)

Amen brutha.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have the tank plumbed into my main system and is fed by a Pentair Quiet One 4000 with about 6 feet of head pressure so maybe 600 gph return into 2 loclines then about 10" above the acans sits a Vortech MP20 on full reefcrest mode.

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I came up to my moms house and got around a comp well I've read through the thread sad about what was said about me especially when there was previous relationships sorry I happened to fall on hard times in life and barely could afford to eat and provide for my girls but hey how about a little Fred where cred is due since I busted my butt on this acans everyday and if reefjunkie will back me on this those pics don't do the colors justice one bit like I said at all times before I'm a stand up guy sorry you or any of you ever doubted me but that's on you I did what I did to keep them at their best including multiple bulb purchases etc. because I had one concern in this grow out to make these acans better than when I received them to pass them all onto the fellows in the grow out hope you guys all like them if you need pointers on what I found out keeping these things to morph and look great get at me junkie has my number peace out!! Won't be around a comp for a whole again after tonight! Enjoy!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are we on polyp count? Looks like we should be close on some of them.

Certainly some are fraggable ( a lot actually)-I am going to post what pieces I have and what I can see for polyps-I dont know what (if any)was discussed in the beginning regarding what the target count was, I just assumed when I bought in that we were shooting for a single head which we are way past that on a lot of them. I dont know what happened but a single head melted away, I assume it melted becuas I think I would have noticed the skeletal area but it had to happen like over night which is odd-there is still at least 5 or more heads on the one piece and I am watching these things closely

There where a few that did not show the "puffiness" as the rest when they came in and 2 are still not 100% (2 acans and of those 2 just a few polyps on that frag. The frag has MULTIPLE polyps so no need to freak)

I just sent PM's out to the 4 below but from what I can decifer this is what I show people paid for from the acans I have;

Cherry Corals- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Beerman, Reefnjunkie:

Highlighters
Highlighters 2.0
Neptunes Crown
Hybrid Skittles
Tokyo Tart 2.0
Roswell Project
Agent Orange
Ring of Fire
Resurrection
Illicium

Sexy Corals- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Beerman, Reefnjunkie:

Acan 1
Acan 2
Acan 3
Acan 4
Acan 5
Acan 6
Acan 7
Acan 8

Roc Citi Coralz- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Reefnjunkie:
Acan 1
Acan 2
Acan 3

Cherry Corals #2- Financialreef, Luvmyacans, Zero, Reefnjunkie:

Tye Dye Micromussa
Rainbow Suns
Envy Sunsets
Krakatoa!
Riddler
?
Name Under Construction
Brother of Dragon Skin
Extra

LMK if this looks right

Last edited:

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious since I'm in the first two and not in the last two like everyone else do you have them separated to where you know which is which? I've always had a difficult time identifying acans with the way they change a little easier than other types of corals in my experience.

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That look correct, I'm in the alldelight one as well. Yeah there was never a set polyps as to when to frag so if they're can be cut to two polyps each I'm cool with that

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious since I'm in the first two and not in the last two like everyone else do you have them separated to where you know which is which? I've always had a difficult time identifying acans with the way they change a little easier than other types of corals in my experience.

I do have them seperated by what was written on the bag when I got them-Cherry Corals (all but 2) are accounted for amd then I have 3 that maybe I can match up to some pics

the following acans never where listed in what I got;
name under construction
?
rainbow suns

but I also have 3 that are not on the list;

Kernal Mustard
Malibu Beach
Cranberry Tort

In looking at the pictures I know which one is the "?" so I need to look at the pics and see if I can find "name under construction" and
rainbow suns

there where 2 that had Ktar written on the bag, does anyone know if Ktar is Roc City?

Sexy corals never wrote names on his frags I was told by Tysen so trying to determine what he sent is going to be tough to impossible.

I hope some of that makes sense

Be patient, I hope to shed some light on things by Sunday night

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my 4 growouts are close to dust at this point. I'm just hoping to get something out of this.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back