• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I would check that rate from Fedex, they stuck it to me, but then again my package was 12 pounds. I am not sure what you are running as far as lights go but my par was about 100 and I think that may have been a little more than they were used to-I unplugged 12 of my Royal Blue LEDs since I figured less is better. Everything I have read say acans tend to color more in the least amount of light, but then you run across a thread where someone says they have theirs under the 250 MH-LOL

Its better to start low then increase-granted I am not in your GO just thought I'd share my experiance with what I have received. It seems some have lost a little brillance, but I expected that with a change simply water quality/params etc.

Overallthey are all doing fine and as I mentioned I was thinking of opening a new thread and after more thought I am going to-I'll send a PM out to all those involved and post a link in here too

Good luck, I am about out of here-LOL

Here are a few groups shots, I got polyp counts and will post them to the new thread-Work has me crazy busy, sorry for the delay in getting some info up as promised-

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today would have been the ship out date if all went as planned for the all delight GO-I'm tagging along to see how that played out.
In regards to fragging them, I say to wait awhile as suggested just becuase they are in a new enviroment. For the most part they do all look great but there are days where 1 or 2 is not as 'puffy' as I've seen it, but then a day or two passes and its all good again.

I need to see about shipping boxes etc but like I mentioned I'll PM people.

A new thread is coming, Im just slammed with work and take a break from time to time and see "Was sup"

Anyway-crossing my fingers all went well with the shipping out

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today would have been the ship out date if all went as planned for the all delight GO-I'm tagging along to see how that played out.
In regards to fragging them, I say to wait awhile as suggested just becuase they are in a new enviroment. For the most part they do all look great but there are days where 1 or 2 is not as 'puffy' as I've seen it, but then a day or two passes and its all good again.

I need to see about shipping boxes etc but like I mentioned I'll PM people.

A new thread is coming, Im just slammed with work and take a break from time to time and see "Was sup"

Anyway-crossing my fingers all went well with the shipping out

Hello everyone,

Here is an update as to where we stand for the remaining acans to me in Boise I'd. I do not have another day off until next Tuesday (due to volume in the kitchen at my restaurant) and as such we will be shipping out next monday for a Tuesday delivery. I do not want to leave this for a late day delivery or not be able to receive the package personally. We also need to send Tyson the cost for shipping between all those involved in this part of the grow out.

With that in mind, are there any questions, concerns or input? I want to keep this part of the grow out as stress free as possible and want to keep open lines of communication between everyone.

Thanks for the understanding and I am super excited to see these bad boys in person! :) Updates to follow as Monday nears closer.

Robert

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See what the total cost for shipping and devided between the people involve including me. I don't remember his paypal so we need that as well.

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who was in the all delight go?

I was as well.

And we need to get a list of all involved so that we can send Tysen the money for shipping before Monday. It will be a flat rate of $50 via FedEx to my house in Boise. Lets get a list of everyone involved, cover the cost of shipping, and then I will start a new thread for the progression of the grow out from there on out.

I will contact Tysen via text to get his PayPal address and confirm the shipping date. Other than that, are there any other questions or concerns? IO am pretty stoked for this second leg of the grow out!

Thanks,

Robert

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back through and it seems like 6 people in total
"all" seems to be;
Luvmyacans
Reefup
Beerman
Financial Reef
Zero
Reefnjunkie

The very last purchase looks to have everyone but myself and Beerman involved? Page 17 post 167 is where I got that info, and Beerman
may be in?
But I think thats where Brannock jumped in too????

I dont understand Financial's last post regarding "traunch" of the growout-I'm sure its a typo.
What is it supposed to say?

Cherry Corals (all):
[/U] Highlighters -
Highlighters 2.0 -
Neptunes Crown -
Hybrid Skittles -
Tokyo Tart 2.0 -
Roswell Project -
Agent Orange -
Ring of Fire -
Resurrection -
Illicium -

Sexy Corals (all):
Acan 1 -
Acan 2 -
Acan 3 -
Acan 4 -
Acan 5 -
Acan 6 -
Acan 7 -
Acan 8 -

Roc Citi Coralz (Reef Up, luvmyacans, zero, financialreef, Reefnjunkie):
Acan 1 -
Acan 2 -
Acan 3 -

Cherry Corals #2 (TBD):
Tye Dye Micromussa-
Rainbow Suns -
Envy Sunsets -
Krakatoa! -
Riddler -
? -
Name Under Construction -
Brother of Dragon Skin -
Hows the Tokyo Tart Acan doing?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back