Cherub Angelfish Behavior (Wild and Captive)

TSM Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Zionas

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
So how’s your plan to get a new pair for one of your tanks? Hehe. They’re so cute.

Where I am the African Flameback seems to be a bit more common and less expensive but I like both hehe.

It’s a shame the Resplendent Angels aren’t collected anymore. They also look stunning and the closest thing we have to them now are Starcki’s Damsels.

Gordon Marvin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
For a cherub angel I would actually say 30 gallon (30”-12”-18”) minimum, for any dwarf angelfish that have an adult size of 4 inches or more a 55 gallon (48”-12”-18”) is the minimum.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Speaking of pygmys, my LFS has a Pygmy Yellowtailed Angelfish. But, I don't see very many people talking about those when they mention pygmy angels.
it’s actually a really small angel abt 2 1/2-3 inches, im really jealous bcs it’s one of my dream fish. food wise: dried algae and frozen and pellets. i’d say min 30 gals

Clo

NO SELF CONTROL | IG: @CrescentReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
it’s actually a really small angel abt 2 1/2-3 inches, im really jealous bcs it’s one of my dream fish. food wise: dried algae and frozen and pellets. i’d say min 30 gals
I’d never heard of it before until I saw it in person bc people only talk about cherub, coral beauty, and flameback lol

it’s very pretty!! Even though body is predominantly black, you can see scales glimmer when it turns from the light ;Happy

TSM Aquatics

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 166 41.5%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 8.8%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 174 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.5%
Kessil