Chill Solutions Thermoelectric Chiller • CSXC-1? will it work for me?

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ffiren if you go to Hydroponics guru you can get a HAILEA WATER CHILLER 220L 1/20HP HC100A for $479 its in the same area. Be too small for your tank but indicates good pricing.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used one to keep a 1/2 inch acrylic tank at 60 degrees for catalina gobies in a house that got into 90's in summer. It worked but had to run non-stop... ofc we are talking about 60 degrees here! and an insulated tank. Still impressive though.

How hot is it in your house? My understanding is if the room is really hot then any chiller is less effective, even the expensive ones.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how hot my house gets I am guesing 30C max But so far the fan is bringing temp down by about 4 Degrees I think
How do you quote on this forum. I press the quote button but nothing happens

Last edited:

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex Sadowsky I will have a serious think about that mate how much would it cost in USD for the unit?
Very generouse and appreciated:)

If you order from Chill Solutions it’s $249.99 USD. I’ll take the box to ups the first chance I get to find out what shipping is to Australia.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alex, thank you, that is extremely generouse of you. But I added up the figures and will still be spending a lot ($450 AUD)
I have bought a fan and heat controller. I seem to be getting 4.5 gerees of pulldown and think that may be enough

Thanks again mate:)

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alex, thank you, that is extremely generouse of you. But I added up the figures and will still be spending a lot ($450 AUD)
I have bought a fan and heat controller. I seem to be getting 4.5 gerees of pulldown and think that may be enough

Thanks again mate:)

No problem. Glad you found a solution.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed it on my 12.5 gallon AIO. I have a lot of heat in this little guy, Sicce 1.5 = 15 watts, Nero 3 = 20 watts but I have it up to 50%-5% power so that equates to 1-6 watts (variable). Coralife UV = 5 watts, Sicce nano syncra = 3.4 watts, the AI Prime HD16 is on a tall mount so, no canopy heat doesn't travel that distant. So, some heat but not something I can calculate. This little chiller stays on 24/7 but holds the tank to 77.4 F. The thermostat is set for 78.0 F but two independent temp gauges read 77.4 F each giving me the conclusion that the unit thermostat is off by .04/.05 degrees. I plan on raising the thermostat on the unit by .05 to reach 78.0 F in the display. I noticed that even though the unit said 78.0-78.3 F the water was cold, it was because it was 77.4 F. LOL

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks blue spot:) great artical. Seems it would work for me...............BUT.............The cost in Australia I have just found out............IS...............wait fot it.............$620.00 Australian dollars! Including shipping!.......nope!
I can buy a Hailea 130A Aquarium Chiller 1/15HP brand new for $499.00+ running costs
So My plan is:
1.Use a fan hooked up to an inkbird 308 I can also use the app to remotley see my tank temp on my phone.
2. Turn my wavemaker off at night by using a timer.
3.Monitor my tanks response to temperature and use my room aircon on days where I predict the tank temp will
If the heat is dry, fans will work better, but use a lot of rodi.
We have a few hot humid days where we put frozen bottles in the sump.
Not an option if every day though.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys
I bought the fan and heat controller cost me a bit less than $200 AUD. (It is not so humid in Western Australia in summer) eccept for a few days Seems to work fine fans turn on at 25.9C and off at 25.1C. And yes an ATO is absolutely required. One day however I had to make a snap judgement as on my way to work I noticed I did not have enough ATO water son I turned cooling fans off, as I did not want to have the ato pump run empty for 10 hours whilst I was at work as I potentially have a pump melt down.........came home 30C!!!!!!!! lost some corals over the next week:(

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back