Chiller Puked!

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cry: Chiller on my large tank puked about a week ago. Can't run my MH at all. :sad:
Anyone know where I could pick up a reasonably priced chiller? New or used.
Also... is it worth taking to Jackson electirc or some other place to try and get it repaired?
Thanks guys. Hope all is well. Summer is drawing to a close :squigglemouth:
Terri

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man that sucks, idk anyone with a chiller for sale, or anything but repair jobs but that does suck.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear Terry! Did you have any luck getting this repaired? I've got an old one that I need to have somebody look at sometime, but haven't had time to mess with it at this point.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy~ So far so good. For some strange reason that I can't comprehend, I figured I'd try just one more new fuse. We'd already tried 2 new fuses and as soon as the chiller would kick in, it would blow the fuse and then shut down. It sat dead for a week. I was going to unhook it and take it to Jackson electric ans have them look at it. Thought for the heck of it, I'd try one last fuse, one last time. It worked. This was over a week ago and it's still working thus far. i was REALLY scared about running my MH thinking it would be too much of a strain on it. So I waited for several days to see how it was running. tthen I turned the MH on a few days ago and it's working perfectly and keeping the temp right where it's set.
Not sure why it quit on me in the first place or kept blowing fuses? Also not sure why it's working now but hey.... I'll take it! :0)

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that worked out for you. Hopefully it keeps going.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back