chiller

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this week I am gonna get the chiller I order.
I live in a very hot country.
I don't have coral yet in my aquarium, but I had fish..
I really don't know what is the best way to hook up the chiller, because it's gonna be a temperature swing when I turn on the chiller,
the water now is 29-30 celsius, and the chiller gonna getting down the temperature of my aquarium very quick ...
Do you guys have any idea what to do?
that my fish don't get shocked by the temperature swing?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Use is simple. I have mine on right side at sump end. I have pump and inlet line at first chamber and return line in second chamber before return pump

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use is simple. I have mine on right side at sump end. I have pump and inlet line at first chamber and return line in second chamber before return pump
i know how to connect and to use a chiller, this not was my quetion, my quetion is what will be with the fish that already in my aquarium, they now live in the aquarium without any chiller or fan and the tempeture swing is danger to them when you do it so fast

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the chiller is hooked up, then just set the chiller 1 degree below what the tank normally tops out at if Fahrenheit were being used. Since celsius is being used, then maybe only go by 0.5 degrees every couple or few days until the system stabilizes to the desired overall system temperature.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i know how to connect and to use a chiller, this not was my quetion, my quetion is what will be with the fish that already in my aquarium, they now live in the aquarium without any chiller or fan and the tempeture swing is danger to them when you do it so fast
It’s gradual Snd not fast. Like a heater, it is thermostat controlled

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this week I am gonna get the chiller I order.
I live in a very hot country.
I don't have coral yet in my aquarium, but I had fish..
I really don't know what is the best way to hook up the chiller, because it's gonna be a temperature swing when I turn on the chiller,
the water now is 29-30 celsius, and the chiller gonna getting down the temperature of my aquarium very quick ...
Do you guys have any idea what to do?
that my fish don't get shocked by the temperature swing?
Set chiller 1 degree less than what you are at. Lower it 1 degree per hour.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused, lowering one degree every day or one degree every hour

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are saying to cool the water down slowly, set the chiller temp 1degree lower than the tank's current temperature. Then after it gets to that temp and is stable, lower it another degree on the chiller. Keep doing this until you are happy with the temperature in the aquarium. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are saying to cool the water down slowly, set the chiller temp 1degree lower than the tank's current temperature. Then after it gets to that temp and is stable, lower it another degree on the chiller. Keep doing this until you are happy with the temperature in the aquarium. Hope that helps.
I understood the process of lowering the temperature, but still did not understand whether it is recommended to lower every hour by one degree or every day by one degree

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, misunderstood.
For C temperature, I would do daily drops. Hourly may be too fast depending on how far you are dropping. I think about the drops of shipping the fish and they will drop so much in 24hours and it is stressful for the fish. Do it gradually and should not have any issues.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, misunderstood.
For C temperature, I would do daily drops. Hourly may be too fast depending on how far you are dropping. I think about the drops of shipping the fish and they will drop so much in 24hours and it is stressful for the fish. Do it gradually and should not have any issues.
SO DO IT PER DAY?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back