TvanB1

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate news.
I found her dead this morning. She was looking great yesterday. Eating and everything.
Sad day.
I may try another in the distant future, we'll see.

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear that - seems like your experience is not unusual. Anampses are just so tough.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a shame, I'd like to try one myself some day. Beautiful fish! I'm sorry this one didn't make it :(

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No signs of illness that I saw. I did use praziquantel for two of the transfers for a total of 48 hours.

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread, and I was following along. I was so excited to hear she's eating like a pig and then thought I must've missed something between the posts... said she died! I'm so sorry to hear that.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update -
I bought another one and put it through TTM and Praziquantel. I moved him into my display a few weeks ago and he eats everything I throw at him. Ive found that they especially like masstick mixed with LRS and Nutramar Ova.
Pictures coming soon!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually sand bury wrasses aren't captured with cyanide, even in regions where it is used.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually sand bury wrasses aren't captured with cyanide, even in regions where it is used.

Yeah I was thinking more about the 'dead zones' that the guys talk about during their MACNA talks, so I was thinking more indirect cyanide poisoning. That said, I hadn't even thought about it as a sand burying wrasse either.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MMacro,
Any update on your second China wrasse (Anampses neoguinaicus). I got 2 in my QT system right now. Both eatign well. Just interested in your take on these beautiful wrasse.
ChinaWrasse2018062003.jpg

ChinaWrasse2018062002.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have this wrasse change from female to male in captivity? I have a pair of female/juvenile and would really love to have this happen in my tank. At about what size does this happen? My pair currently in a 320 gal tank with about 20 wrasses total with other fishes of course, but mostly wrasses. Bott are doing very well, fat and are growing, about 2.75-3 inches and 2.5-2.75 inches.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have this wrasse change from female to male in captivity? I have a pair of female/juvenile and would really love to have this happen in my tank. At about what size does this happen? My pair currently in a 320 gal tank with about 20 wrasses total with other fishes of course, but mostly wrasses. Bott are doing very well, fat and are growing, about 2.75-3 inches and 2.5-2.75 inches.
I haven't had china wrasses transition, but I have had other Anampses species do so. The ones I had started small, 2" or less, and in about 2yrs when they were about 4" would begin. The transition was mostly done in 2 weeks from when it started.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new one is still doing great! Eats everything but especially loves live blackworms. No noticeable color changes or transformations so far. My male Nahackyi rules the tank and likes to chase this one around every now and then.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new one is still doing great! Eats everything but especially loves live blackworms. No noticeable color changes or transformations so far. My male Nahackyi rules the tank and likes to chase this one around every now and then.
You got her for the last 8 months. Great. How big is she and is she changing to male yet?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back