China wrasse (Anampses neoguinaicus)

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of mine were small. 2.5 and 2.75 inches when I got them. They grew a bit since.
That's great you are having luck with yours. I am not sure what was going on when I lost the smaller ones.....they all ate and did well for a while and suddenly died. Again just the ones under 3 inches in my experience. I was just curious if size might make a difference in Anampses Wrasses. Not in all cases but in general.

Nwest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the China wrasses? Just picked one up and was out within 12hrs. Eating everything from pe mysis to LRS to frozen blood worms.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did not make it, was going great, eating well, was prazi'd multiple times. But then started to act lethargic, reduced appetite and not foraging as much and declined from there. I had an isopod problem that I have a thread about that may have contributed.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is still going strong. I feed 2-3 times a day rotating between frozen, pellet, and live.
Masstick, live blackworms, fish/invertabrate eggs have all worked for me in the past to get finicky fish eating.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of mine did well. The smaller one have a mout infection and his top jaw eroded. He is all healed but mouth looks strange with missing top jaw. He does not eat as well I guess due to the jaw, but the other one is very fat

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried two - neither ate and only lasted about 3 weeks.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing great!

A58F2BB5-049F-4A4F-9D67-2C237BF3F768.jpeg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing great!

A58F2BB5-049F-4A4F-9D67-2C237BF3F768.jpeg

any tips? my lfs had a 3" or so one eating pellets for $40 and i just couldn't resist.. i have it in my qt tank and did a dose of general cure so far, but reading about them sounds like i might want to follow up with some metro + focus too..

i was just glad it found my tupperware sandbed, my only other sand burying wrasse qt attempt, the fish never seemed to use the sandbed and died a few days in

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any tips? my lfs had a 3" or so one eating pellets for $40 and i just couldn't resist.. i have it in my qt tank and did a dose of general cure so far, but reading about them sounds like i might want to follow up with some metro + focus too..

i was just glad it found my tupperware sandbed, my only other sand burying wrasse qt attempt, the fish never seemed to use the sandbed and died a few days in

Do you notice any abnormal poo or pinched stomach area?
Offer a wide variety of foods (live, frozen, pellets) and feed at least 2-3x a day without fouling the water too much. I have had great results using masstick mixed with LRS (fish frenzy) and fish oil. This will help to fatten them up much quicker. They will not live long on a strictly pellet diet.

The sand will definitely help to reduce stress but I have had them refuse to leave the box for weeks on end. If he is out and about during the day you’re already off to a good start.
Other than that put a lid on the tank and keep the water clean.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice any abnormal poo or pinched stomach area?
Offer a wide variety of foods (live, frozen, pellets) and feed at least 2-3x a day without fouling the water too much. I have had great results using masstick mixed with LRS (fish frenzy) and fish oil. This will help to fatten them up much quicker. They will not live long on a strictly pellet diet.

The sand will definitely help to reduce stress but I have had them refuse to leave the box for weeks on end. If he is out and about during the day you’re already off to a good start.
Other than that put a lid on the tank and keep the water clean.

i haven't seen any abnormal poo and she looks nice and chunky.

did you do metro + focus?

yeah i don't plan on feeding just pellets, i just thought that was a great sign that she was eating pellets at the lfs. other than she's still on some weird lighting schedule (in sandbed by 5 pm so far) she seems quite active and tame.

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back