China Wrasse not looking good

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him in April. Was good and eating, maybe not as much as usual 2 days ago. Yesterday he didn't come out to eat. Later that day found him under a rock bent in the middle. Breathing hard. Thought he was a gonner and no way to get him.

Today he was out on thr sand in the same state. I got him in an acclamation box trying to figure out next steps.

Other fish leopard wrasse included all doing fine no issue. Corals look good too.

Undetectable lvls of NO2, AM, NO3
Tank is well over 5 years old
Sal: 1.025
20210828_165450.jpg

Attachments

• 20210828_165622.mp4
    40 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to have flattened out some. And his breathing isn't as heavy right now.

20210828_165450.jpg

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy, doesn't loom like he's able to right himself. Did you QT or observe when you got him?
He was observed. Looks great when I got him. Ate well, was swimming and hunting pods, up until 2 days ago

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you treat for internal parasites when you first received the wrasse?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Seems to be buoyancy issues. Any signs of injury?
Adding an air stone will help with breathing issues if still present. I assume fish not currently eating? It appears somewhat skinny and needs meaty foods

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be buoyancy issues. Any signs of injury?
Adding an air stone will help with breathing issues if still present. I assume fish not currently eating? It appears somewhat skinny and needs meaty foods
No sign of injury. He hasn't eaten in 2 days. (When it started, I wasn't able to get him out of the tank until recently) Prior he was eating like a madman with a full looking stomach.

He did pass away a few hours ago sadly :(

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss, it was probably some internal parasite but they don't kill that fast, if all your fish are fine I see no reason to blame the water chemistry, unfortunately some fish just stop eating, vanish and die in the water over the days, a few weeks ago I read something about the toxicity of ammonia during drip acclimatization in fish, if they spend too much time they can have irreversible problems in their internal organs that will affect them later, so how did you acclimate this fish?
I don't know much about this specific wrasse, but I know that they are somewhat complicated to maintain, I suppose because of their feeding needs, do you know something about it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No sign of injury. He hasn't eaten in 2 days. (When it started, I wasn't able to get him out of the tank until recently) Prior he was eating like a madman with a full looking stomach.

He did pass away a few hours ago sadly :(
Awww man - sorry to hear

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.0%
Back