Chinese black boxes- please show me your tanks!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A034257B-93D4-44DD-B2F1-2D62CFBB98B4.jpeg
This is my old build. Everything grown under four ocean revive T247s.

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are wondering if your lights are adequate the first thing you should do is measure PAR in your tank!

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 viparspectra on my 220 sps tank. I have good growth and colors. I would agree with previous post on flow possibly being part of the issue.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Ocean Revives I have. I wish they had ramping built in rather than just on/off.

They grow coral well, but they ain’t perfect. I probably had to replace 50+ diodes and a couple of power supplies in my four fixtures over 3 years. Customer service was surprisingly good. Even when I was far out of warranty, they shipped me parts that were crazy cheap.

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for all these awesome pics and responses. I love seeing the tanks!!! My 3 lights are 8inches off the water, the tank is 30 inches deep, and I only run them at 45% blues and 5% whites. I guess the next thing in order is a par meter, boost them up more and see what happens. My flow seems okay to me- I had more powerheads in there but the nems wouldn't come out and the softies stayed super tucked down so I removed them one at a time until things seemed happier.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran t247 for awhile with great results. Just as much growth as my radion I have now. I don't dose but if you are unhappy with slow growth then start dosing.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for all these awesome pics and responses. I love seeing the tanks!!! My 3 lights are 8inches off the water, the tank is 30 inches deep, and I only run them at 45% blues and 5% whites. I guess the next thing in order is a par meter, boost them up more and see what happens. My flow seems okay to me- I had more powerheads in there but the nems wouldn't come out and the softies stayed super tucked down so I removed them one at a time until things seemed happier.
I wouldn't worry about different lights when you are not using those to their potential.

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have for flow in there now and whats the total flow volume? A lot more than just pure power goes into flow. That a pretty big tank and to have only one powerhead and the return seems really low IMO.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back