Chitti's Red Sea Reefer 350 Build

king_cobra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting to get an Aquarium since forever and one day had a mid life crisis when I hit a milestone birthday and here I am, a proud owner of my very first aquarium ever (well I had a gold fish in a bowl when I was a kid), a Red Sea Reefer 350. Learned a lot from this forum being a passive participant and want to thank everyone for that. You all made my jump into this hoppy a lot easier.

I just started cycling my tank and will try to document what I did in the past and hoping to keep a live update of things going forward.

Equipment
  • Red Sea Reefer 350 V3 Deluxe
  • ReefLED 90 x2
  • ReefMat 500
  • ReefWave 25 x2
  • Apex Neptune Controller
  • Apex Trident
  • Cor 20 return pump
  • Deltec 600i Skimmer

Delivery
The tank was delivered to my house with no notice at all and left outside my garage. When I was trying to go out, noticed the huge crate siting outside my garage and was pleasantly surprised and also terrified that I did not get a chance to check for damages. When I saw some holes punctured through the outside cardboard box, I was readying myself to hours of customer service calls trying to prove it wasn't something I did. But fortunately, everything inside was intact and there was no shipping damage at all. Guess they are not calling to schedule delivery windows because of COVID.

IMG_0222.jpeg

Aquarium Build
The cabinet and the plumping wasn't too hard to setup. I went with the Red Sea plumbing and no upgrades/DIYs this time, since it's my first build. Definitely needed help to lift to put the aquarium on the display cabinet.

The sump was different story though and needed a ton of modifications since I wanted to use the ReefMat, refugium and also wanted the gravity fed ATO. I followed the recommended modifications from Red Sea and made a few of my own to get them all fitted together. Not sure if my hack job is stable or not, but will keep an eye out. Sorry, forgot to take a picture of the modified sump before I filled it up. So, here is a block diagram.

Reefer 350 Sump (2).png

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been wanting to get an Aquarium since forever and one day had a mid life crisis when I hit a milestone birthday and here I am, a proud owner of my very first aquarium ever (well I had a gold fish in a bowl when I was a kid), a Red Sea Reefer 350. Learned a lot from this forum being a passive participant and want to thank everyone for that. You all made my jump into this hoppy a lot easier.

I just started cycling my tank and will try to document what I did in the past and hoping to keep a live update of things going forward.

Equipment
  • Red Sea Reefer 350 V3 Deluxe
  • ReefLED 90 x2
  • ReefMat 500
  • ReefWave 25 x2
  • Apex Neptune Controller
  • Apex Trident
  • Cor 20 return pump
  • Deltec 600i Skimmer

Delivery
The tank was delivered to my house with no notice at all and left outside my garage. When I was trying to go out, noticed the huge crate siting outside my garage and was pleasantly surprised and also terrified that I did not get a chance to check for damages. When I saw some holes punctured through the outside cardboard box, I was readying myself to hours of customer service calls trying to prove it wasn't something I did. But fortunately, everything inside was intact and there was no shipping damage at all. Guess they are not calling to schedule delivery windows because of COVID.

IMG_0222.jpeg

Aquarium Build
The cabinet and the plumping wasn't too hard to setup. I went with the Red Sea plumbing and no upgrades/DIYs this time, since it's my first build. Definitely needed help to lift to put the aquarium on the display cabinet.

The sump was different story though and needed a ton of modifications since I wanted to use the ReefMat, refugium and also wanted the gravity fed ATO. I followed the recommended modifications from Red Sea and made a few of my own to get them all fitted together. Not sure if my hack job is stable or not, but will keep an eye out. Sorry, forgot to take a picture of the modified sump before I filled it up. So, here is a block diagram.

Reefer 350 Sump (2).png
Do you have any issues with the doors closing with the Reefmat? I did something similar and my doors will not close.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back