Chloroquine and wrasses

jkentfite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been successful treating flame wrasses with chloroquine?

Ive tried it once before at 60mg/gal and lost the flame after about a week.
I’m 30 days in hypo treating my display for crypto. Nasty outbreak. Confirmed with necropsy scrapings.

Lost all my anthias. Blue throat trigger. Blonde naso tang. Regal angel. Aussie tusk. Genicanthus angels. Few others

Relatively new tank - about 6 months old.

I want to treat with 30 days CP buy concerned for my pair of flame wrasse. Could they tolerate something like 40 mg/gal?

Rock scape is all cemented. Would be huge ordeal to try and catch. Basically tear the tank down. 500 gallon tank.
Right now plan is to try and catch flames and get them out to treat the system. But looking at all options.
Copper as last resort. I want this to be a reef tank.

thanks for any advice.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some concerns with fairy wrasse and CP, but then, fairy wrasse and copper keep coming up as a concern as well - maybe its just fairy wrasse (grin). I've had odd reactions with lionfish and CP.

40 mg/gallon is less than 10 mg/l, right? That is a really low dose. I've had issues stopping active Cryptocaryon infections with CP even at 15 mg/l.

Here is a link to my article on the topic: https://reefs.com/magazine/aquarium-fish-chloroquine-a-new-drug-for-treating-fish-diseases/

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back