Chloroquine Phosphate

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list of fish that are sensitive to CP anywhere? Wanted to see how the following would handle it.

Yellow Coris Wrasse
Chromis
Purple Tang
Kamohara Blenny
Lyertail Anthias
Skunk Clown

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list of fish that are sensitive to CP anywhere? Wanted to see how the following would handle it.

Yellow Coris Wrasse
Chromis
Purple Tang
Kamohara Blenny
Lyertail Anthias
Skunk Clown

This is something I've been meaning to do. But looking at that list, all should be fine in CP. I'm reasonably confident that Cirrhilabrus and Halichoeres genus wrasses are fine in CP. Jury is still out on all other genera of wrasses, anthias and Hippo Tangs.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Trying to figure out best course of action. These fish went through 30 days of coppersafe and continuoulsy were flashing during and after treatment. Treated with prazi after on days 1 and 5 with still no change in flashing behavior. Thought maybe i was dealing with some super ick strain and put back in coppersafe at 2.5. Fish still flashing but its only been a few days. I am not sure what I am dealing with but clearly never seen anything like this. Was going to give it two weeks to see if the flashing stops then move onto hyposalinity or cp. Wasnt sure what the best option would be. Definitly these fish are not going anywhere near my display with the amount of flashing they are doing. Have also seen them doing some weird spin move like they are chasing their tail, specifically the coris wrasse and blenny. Just odd.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I've been meaning to do. But looking at that list, all should be fine in CP. I'm reasonably confident that Cirrhilabrus and Halichoeres genus wrasses are fine in CP. Jury is still out on all other genera of wrasses, anthias and Hippo Tangs.

So if I understand this correctly Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura should be ok to treat with Chloroquine Phosphate? This is just a prophylactic treatment and would hate cause more harm than good! Although I know that all treatment carries risk...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back