Choosing a skimmer for new nano tank

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I set up a new frag tank. I am trying to choose a skimmer for the tank. Since I have gift card for Fijicube I will get one of their skimmers. There are only 2 sizes:

larger one, rated for 20 to 50 gallons:
smaller one, rated for 10 to 35 gallons:

The tank is a Fijicube 20G peninsula. It will be a frag tank with a lot of corals, and maybe 3-5 fish. Which size skimmer do you think is better?

In my other 32G nano tank I am running Icecap K1-50 which is rated for up to 80G. I think it is a bit overpowered since I only get a good foam head occasionally, other times it just dry skims. So I want to make sure I choose a good skimmer for the new tank. Powerful enough to handle a potentially high bio load down the road, but not too overpowered and skims consistently

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I set up a new frag tank. I am trying to choose a skimmer for the tank. Since I have gift card for Fijicube I will get one of their skimmers. There are only 2 sizes:

larger one, rated for 20 to 50 gallons:
smaller one, rated for 10 to 35 gallons:

The tank is a Fijicube 20G peninsula. It will be a frag tank with a lot of corals, and maybe 3-5 fish. Which size skimmer do you think is better?

In my other 32G nano tank I am running Icecap K1-50 which is rated for up to 80G. I think it is a bit overpowered since I only get a good foam head occasionally, other times it just dry skims. So I want to make sure I choose a good skimmer for the new tank. Powerful enough to handle a potentially high bio load down the road, but not too overpowered and skims consistently
The smaller one will probably will be enough but I personally will chose the bigger one because the price isn't that different and a little oversizing won't hurt too much.
Oversizing .5 go 1. is ok I think

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back