Chosing Aquarium and technical stuff

Patrick58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello community,
I am new to saltwater aquariums and I decided to buy one for my living room. Well, I am a bit overhelmed and not sure which aquarium I should buy. The length of the aquarium can‘t get bigger than 90cm. So I found the redsea reefer 300 G2, Waterbox Marine X 90.3 and Waterbox Reef 100.3. All are 90cm with difference in width.

I want a skimmer, fleece filter, UV steralizer, media reactor, Ato and dosing system. I fear the red sea sump is too small for these stuff. And which lightning is good for this size of aquarium.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Y
Hello community,
I am new to saltwater aquariums and I decided to buy one for my living room. Well, I am a bit overhelmed and not sure which aquarium I should buy. The length of the aquarium can‘t get bigger than 90cm. So I found the redsea reefer 300 G2, Waterbox Marine X 90.3 and Waterbox Reef 100.3. All are 90cm with difference in width.

I want a skimmer, fleece filter, UV steralizer, media reactor, Ato and dosing system. I fear the red sea sump is too small for these stuff. And which lightning is good for this size of aquarium.
ou can go with different sump but also look at for size and reliability:
Return pump- sicce 3.0
Skimmer- ice cap k2-100
Lights- Ai hydra 26hd or orphek OR3 light bars

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all 3 of those companies are great, and the glass box on top is almost secondary to the fit and finish of the stand and the sump within - and that sometimes in a matter of feel.
are you in a position where you can visit an LFS or two that would have tanks of these brands, even though not the same exact size. and kick the tires?

and as above the AI lights are great lower cost top tier lights that will serve you for many many years - great app too

OP
OP
P

Patrick58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y

ou can go with different sump but also look at for size and reliability:
Return pump- sicce 3.0
Skimmer- ice cap k2-100
Lights- Ai hydra 26hd or orphek OR3 light bars
What‘s the difference between the Ai hydra 26hd and reefled 90?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What‘s the difference between the Ai hydra 26hd and reefled 90?
Two different companies and intensities
Ai Would be my choice

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Red Sea G2 - you'll appreciate all the recent upgrades and improvements. It will be a snug fit, but you should be able to fit all these components into your Red Sea sump. You'll have to mount your UV higher up (I mounted mine along the upper rear of the cabinet), your skimmer will go in the back and you'll have room for a media reactor in the front.

RM-in-sump.png

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all 3 of those companies are great, and the glass box on top is almost secondary to the fit and finish of the stand and the sump within - and that sometimes in a matter of feel.
are you in a position where you can visit an LFS or two that would have tanks of these brands, even though not the same exact size. and kick the tires?

and as above the AI lights are great lower cost top tier lights that will serve you for many many years - great app too
edit, just saw the location you are posting from Patrick and curious what the availability of hardware in shops is like where you are...

OP
OP
P

Patrick58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Red Sea G2 - you'll appreciate all the recent upgrades and improvements. It will be a snug fit, but you should be able to fit all these components into your Red Sea sump. You'll have to mount your UV higher up (I mounted mine along the upper rear of the cabinet), your skimmer will go in the back and you'll have room for a media reactor in the front.

RM-in-sump.png
Thanks, what aquarium from red sea do you own? Yes I also would choose Gen 2 since the reefmat fits well.
edit, just saw the location you are posting from Patrick and curious what the availability of hardware in shops is like where you are...
Well, bad availability. I need to import from germany

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, what aquarium from red sea do you own? Yes I also would choose Gen 2 since the reefmat fits well.
I have a Red Sea 750XXL v3 (about a year old). I'll be adding the ReefMat 1200 to mine when finally available in Canada, although unlike the G2 I'll have to modify the sump.

OP
OP
P

Patrick58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 750XXL v3 (about a year old). I'll be adding the ReefMat 1200 to mine when finally available in Canada, although unlike the G2 I'll have to modify the sump.
Will the media reactor fit also when the ato reservior from red sea is attached?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the media reactor fit also when the ato reservior from red sea is attached?
I think you may have to run the ATO reservoir adjacent or get an external one. I opted for an Innovative Marine Hydrofill 15-gallon that sits beside my tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back