OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I will go slow. Add a few small pieces and maybe a coupe of my fish from holding tanks. Will post some pics this weekend.

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for a 55 gallon rectangular storage container and a 25 gallon circular container to build a real tight mixing station in my fish room. The Brutes will be replaced. I found the best containers on Rural King. Everywhere else I checked was charging more in shipping than the actual tanks. But these guys ship free over $99 so I ended up saving hundreds.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! love the colors on the clown and good pics for a new camera.
We had a great time in NY! Sorry I didn't have time to catch up we were more flat out than we thought. Good excuse to go back though! ;)

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you are almost ready for some coral... Have the Holy grail listed here if interested have alot more high ends also when you are ready. Nice stuff man, coming along nicely.

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I received my Bayer Insecticide yesterday from Amazon. I have most of my old corals sitting in a 20 gallon frag tank and they have already been dipped in revive and showing great signs of health. The corals are under a 175 W Ushio MH bulb and they are responding well. So I will test a few frags over the next days. Here is a pic of what I have in there so far.
IMG_6184.JPG

I'm definitely interested in seeing your holy grail list. I plan to be very careful in thinking through the types and placements of the corals so that I get the desired look I'm going for. I do love my acans and the large brain. I plan on only having 2-3 things in the sand (one or two clams and this brain).

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain gets super huge - 6" plus I'd say when fully inflated. I plan to make it a center piece (or off center piece ) in the sand. Maybe not in the middle channel as I'm saving that for a clam. I was going to add it this weekend but then remembered we're traveling and I hate adding things and then leaving for a few days. No good things will come of that. How is your amazing tank doing? I'd love to see an updated FTS.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain gets super huge - 6" plus I'd say when fully inflated. I plan to make it a center piece (or off center piece ) in the sand. Maybe not in the middle channel as I'm saving that for a clam. I was going to add it this weekend but then remembered we're traveling and I hate adding things and then leaving for a few days. No good things will come of that. How is your amazing tank doing? I'd love to see an updated FTS.

Yeah off center seems more appropriate to balance the rock. My tank is insane... just crazy growth all over that I cant keep up. Not complaining... I have always said its a good problem to have but getting very challenging. I have considered just letting everything grow out but cant do it when i start to see warfare I intervene. lol

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught onto this thread, the tank is looking great and a well thought out build. My wife and I have huge pipe shelving and an entry way table made of pipe. We love the look of it, and I'm now a little jealous of your stand.

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught onto this thread, the tank is looking great and a well thought out build. My wife and I have huge pipe shelving and an entry way table made of pipe. We love the look of it, and I'm now a little jealous of your stand.

Glad to have you following along. Yes, I love the look of industrial pipes combined with traditional old hard woods. So far everything is working out great although having a bigger sump and cabinet, a la traditional stands, has its advantages. That said, I am enjoying how free floating the tank looks.

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I hope this weekend I will be able to add a few more corals and if I can catch him either my other clown fish or Kole tang. Will take a few more shots then.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Choss.
I love the grain of the sandbed.
Nice photograph as well

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back