Christmas tree worm rock hitchhicker

sydney245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a Christmas Tree Worm Rock and I do not see any actual adult Christmas tree worms, but I do see what I think might be vermetids? Could someone confirm? My coworker told me they were baby Christmas tree worms.

PXL_20210303_062223387.NIGHT.jpg

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what they are but I know they aren’t vermitids. I have those and vermitids all over my tank and those things don’t hurt anyone. They’re not Christmas tree worms as far as I know they’re some kind of filter feeder. Mine have been in there forever and just send out those two feelers to catch stuff. They get plastered by stinging coral so be careful where you put them

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was talking about the worms on the coral
I know. I’ve had the same kind of ones you have for a long time and I haven’t seen them become Christmas trees. But that may be due to my fish. Hoping the best for you. I know my dad ordered a Christmas tree worm rock and I took maybe three weeks for them to actually show themselves

OP
OP
S

sydney245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I’ve had the same kind of ones you have for a long time and I haven’t seen them become Christmas trees. But that may be due to my fish. Hoping the best for you. I know my dad ordered a Christmas tree worm rock and I took maybe three weeks for them to actually show themselves
Thanks! I'm hoping they'll show up!

OP
OP
S

sydney245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost looks like spionid worms, but hard to tell. I would for sure get that sand off the coral though.
Diamond goby spit some sand on it before I took the picture, but yes already done. Lol Thanks for the info!

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby Christmas tree worms look like adults,
just smaller. Yours really look like spionids...

Are there any holes where actual Christmas tree worms could hide in? Should be kinda obvious in the living porites tissue

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they're definitively not vermetids. I don't think they are christmas tree worm either. Maybe baby Paguritta hermits? or some other type of worm.

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the Boring Spionid Worms I had on one frag. The chimney they make seems alot like the color photo.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back