Chroma coral color plus review needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi ,

First of all am a big fan of vibrant whigh has made reefkeeping easier than enough for me due to the way it manages nutrients in my tank .
Now I came across one of your other products - chroma coral color plus and it's a single additive for growth and color ..

https://www.uwcmn.com/chroma-coral-color

Would like to know more how it manipulates colors in acroporas especially .
Does it add any trace elements or heavy metals ?
Any issue with nitrates and phosphates rise ?
Will it cause acros to expel zooxanthalea like zeospur does ?

Regards,
Abhishek

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi ,

First of all am a big fan of vibrant whigh has made reefkeeping easier than enough for me due to the way it manages nutrients in my tank .
Now I came across one of your other products - chroma coral color plus and it's a single additive for growth and color ..

https://www.uwcmn.com/chroma-coral-color

Would like to know more how it manipulates colors in acroporas especially .
Does it add any trace elements or heavy metals ?
Any issue with nitrates and phosphates rise ?
Will it cause acros to expel zooxanthalea like zeospur does ?

Regards,
Abhishek
Bump.

Am also interested in seeing reviews on Chroma.

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
I couldn't find any reviews either. So, I bought a bottle of Chroma and have just started dosing it in my 40G reef. I took "before" pictures and will track progress. All my SPS were quite pale after using Vibrant to clear nuisance algae. We'll see how it goes! I'll post my results after a few weeks.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve just gotten some as well. I’ll try to remember to put up a review, but I suspect it will be along the lines of, “can’t tell a difference.”

@UWC can you at least give us an idea of how this works? Will a uv effect it’s efficacy at all?

Last edited:

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve just gotten some as well. I’ll try to remember to put up a review, but I suspect it will be along the lines of, “can’t tell a difference.”

@UWC can you at least give us an idea of how this works? Will a uv effect it’s efficacy at all?

Agreed, @UWC

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
I couldn't find any reviews either. So, I bought a bottle of Chroma and have just started dosing it in my 40G reef. I took "before" pictures and will track progress. All my SPS were quite pale after using Vibrant to clear nuisance algae. We'll see how it goes! I'll post my results after a few weeks.
will wait for update from you,

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Just a quick update on the performance of Chroma:

I've been dosing 2ml daily in my 40G(50G total) reef for just over two weeks. It's dosed all at once at 1am when all the acropora have their polyps extended. I've diluted the dose with water such that my dosing pump actually delivers 20ml containing 2ml of Chroma. I'm still adding 5ml of Vibrant per week Water parameters are below:

Ca: 430
Alk: 8.6
Mg: 1380
NO3: 0
PO4: 0-0.03 (can't tell the difference)

Nitrate and phosphate are both on Salifert test kits.

So far I've noticed slightly improved color in a rainbow stylo, in a couple of my acropora, and possibly in my milke stylo. The changes are very subtle and honestly nothing remarkable...so far. They're mainly showing as improved coloration at the growth tips, which could also indicate improved growth.

The experiment continues... I'll probably continue at this for two months before trying something else. Perhaps I could double the dose of Chroma???

@UWC... Any thoughts?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry All, Not sure how I missed this thread :(

Totally fine to double the dose if you would like, but with anything tank related I always prefer the low and slow method with everything, but its totally fine to up your dose as your go along. Just do it slowly so your tank can adjust. Give it time to do its thing and you'll see what Chroma is all about. The nice thing is if you do dose more, Chroma wont give you algae outbreaks like most coral foods, aminos, etc. but will absolutely keep your corals bellys full :)

We are planning on starting a "official Chroma post" in the near future where will explain exactly how it works. We put a lot testing into Chroma like we did with Vibrant so we are currently combining all the information together. Also, totally fine to use a UV while using Chroma :)

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry All, Not sure how I missed this thread :(

Totally fine to double the dose if you would like, but with anything tank related I always prefer the low and slow method with everything, but its totally fine to up your dose as your go along. Just do it slowly so your tank can adjust. Give it time to do its thing and you'll see what Chroma is all about. The nice thing is if you do dose more, Chroma wont give you algae outbreaks like most coral foods, aminos, etc. but will absolutely keep your corals bellys full :)

We are planning on starting a "official Chroma post" in the near future where will explain exactly how it works. We put a lot testing into Chroma like we did with Vibrant so we are currently combining all the information together. Also, totally fine to use a UV while using Chroma :)
Looking forward on the official thread to get started ;););)

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Since Chroma keeps corals fed, is there any chance it would also keep azoox corals fed? I'm thinking tubastrea, gorgonians, dendronephthya, etc...??

How about other filter feeders like sponges, feather duster worms, tunicates, ascidians, etc?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It depends on how much their diets consists of consuming these bacterias, which is generally a lot... but with some types of animals the need for meaty type foods will always be there regardless :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
We are planning on starting a "official Chroma post" in the near future where will explain exactly how it works. We put a lot testing into Chroma like we did with Vibrant so we are currently combining all the information together.
This thread coming out soon?

I'm about ready to re-order Vibrant and I am interested in the Chroma. I just don't understand how the higher nutrients from this product won't cause browning of the corals. How does it improve color?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using the Chroma for just under 2 weeks. So far, I have noticed no change in my SPS. I can't be sure since it has been such a short time but the blues and greens in my zoa's and LPS seem to be brightening. Definitely no negative results. I'm curious to see how this continues to develop and will try to do updates on here.

@UWC Are these results fairly typical as to what I should expect?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using the Chroma for just under 2 weeks. So far, I have noticed no change in my SPS. I can't be sure since it has been such a short time but the blues and greens in my zoa's and LPS seem to be brightening. Definitely no negative results. I'm curious to see how this continues to develop and will try to do updates on here.

@UWC Are these results fairly typical as to what I should expect?

Hey Brew, yup some species of corals absolutely show signs of saturation or better color quicker then others. It’s definitely not a overnight change by any means. You’ll start to see the biggest changes starting to happen around the 1-2 month mark. Keep us posted :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Brew, yup some species of corals absolutely show signs of saturation or better color quicker then others. It’s definitely not a overnight change by any means. You’ll start to see the biggest changes starting to happen around the 1-2 month mark. Keep us posted :)
I would be scared if this stuff worked as quickly as Vibrant!

So seeing the zoa's and LPS lighten first is common with the SPS lagging a bit?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would be scared if this stuff worked as quickly as Vibrant!

So seeing the zoa's and LPS lighten first is common with the SPS lagging a bit?

Yup, softies and LPS tend to get saturated much quicker then SPS... but your SPS won’t lag too far behind :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back