Chroma coral color plus review needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I brought Vibrant few weeks ago, seems to work fine, now thinking of trying Chroma, the instruction is 1ml per 25 gal daily, can it dose weekly, x 7 like the vibrant?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
I brought Vibrant few weeks ago, seems to work fine, now thinking of trying Chroma, the instruction is 1ml per 25 gal daily, can it dose weekly, x 7 like the vibrant?
It needs to be done daily. I was out of town for a week and my son didn't dose the Chroma for me. In that week I saw a reduction in colors of a few of my zoa's. So, for maximum impact, I think it is safe to say it needs daily use.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

As Brew said, this should be dosed daily and not done as a single weekly dose :)

alfani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It needs to be done daily. I was out of town for a week and my son didn't dose the Chroma for me. In that week I saw a reduction in colors of a few of my zoa's. So, for maximum impact, I think it is safe to say it needs daily use.

so it's just lost the 'glow' if not dosing? I'm just concern about any ill effect once I start the daily dose and then go on a few days vacation. when to dose? 1. night time, after light out 2. morning, few hours before light on 3. during light on period. thanks

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
so it's just lost the 'glow' if not dosing? I'm just concern about any ill effect once I start the daily dose and then go on a few days vacation. when to dose? 1. night time, after light out 2. morning, few hours before light on 3. during light on period. thanks

Don’t worry about not dosing if you’re gone. Your tank will not be dependent on it but it does make a big difference and will be noticeable if stopped. There is no best time to dose, just when it is most convenient for you :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
I only noticed it with a few zoas. These were the ones I saw the fastest impact on when I started Chroma so it only makes sense they were the ones that were impacted the most from 8 days without using it. They are a darker brown/purple zoa that turned a little pinker with the Chroma.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
I only noticed it with a few zoas. These were the ones I saw the fastest impact on when I started Chroma so it only makes sense they were the ones that were impacted the most from 8 days without using it. They are a darker brown/purple zoa that turned a little pinker with the Chroma.
Just to follow up, these are the ones I almost got rid of because they were just kinda bleh. The amazing thing is that I was out of town for a week and didn't have my son dose the Chroma. They went back to being almost where they were. Took another week or two for them to get back to where they are now.
Not a great pic, but I'm working on those skills. No post processing.
DSC_0001.JPG

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So if you use this - wold it be beneficial to use reef frenzy or would it just be redundant?

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use them both.

Zoa's keep looking better.
DSC_0010-2.jpg

What are your thoughts on just getting away with Vibrant/Chroma and axing Reef Nutrition - Or do you think both have their benefits? Trying to make things easy : )

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on just getting away with Vibrant/Chroma and axing Reef Nutrition - Or do you think both have their benefits? Trying to make things easy : )
I think they both have their benefits, but I wouldn't call either of them a necessity. If you want to cut out the Reef Nutrition, go ahead and do that and just observe for a few weeks. If you don't see any changes you don't like, call it a win!

manuma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning, there is some new information about this product, some experience to share.
I would like to know really what is its active principle.
Can you notice a drop of no3 when using color + chroma?

LimestoneCowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We tried using this over the last week in one of our grow out systems and so far I can tell you the SPS colors have taken a small notch up and we have had a couple corals shoot out what we think are new arms much quicker than normal. The glass on the tank has needed to be cleaned daily all of a sudden too with what is somewhere between algae and bacterial film (still green, but almost whitish green like when you rev up usage of a carbon source). We also started dosing the full recommended dose, but backed off to half and dosed after lights out when we saw the film on the glass occurring, thinking whatever was forming that would be in the water then and the corals polyps could grab some of it. Today I am going to add a period of 90 minutes no skimmer as we dose it (via apex feed Timer) and see what that does as our skimmer has smelled like a compost pile since when we went to empty it on day 4. So far please take all of these as anecdotal as the product is supposed to work over weeks to a month, but first signs are encouraging so thought I would add our notes.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We tried using this over the last week in one of our grow out systems and so far I can tell you the SPS colors have taken a small notch up and we have had a couple corals shoot out what we think are new arms much quicker than normal. The glass on the tank has needed to be cleaned daily all of a sudden too with what is somewhere between algae and bacterial film (still green, but almost whitish green like when you rev up usage of a carbon source). We also started dosing the full recommended dose, but backed off to half and dosed after lights out when we saw the film on the glass occurring, thinking whatever was forming that would be in the water then and the corals polyps could grab some of it. Today I am going to add a period of 90 minutes no skimmer as we dose it (via apex feed Timer) and see what that does as our skimmer has smelled like a compost pile since when we went to empty it on day 4. So far please take all of these as anecdotal as the product is supposed to work over weeks to a month, but first signs are encouraging so thought I would add our notes.

Bump :)

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
We tried using this over t last week in one of our grow out systems and so far I can tell you the SPS colors have taken a small notch up and we have had a couple corals shoot out what we think are new arms much quicker than normal. The glass on the tank has needed to be cleaned daily all of a sudden too with what is somewhere between algae and bacterial film (still green, but almost whitish green like when you rev up usage of a carbon source). We also started dosing the full recommended dose, but backed off to half and dosed after lights out when we saw the film on the glass occurring, thinking whatever was forming that would be in the water then and the corals polyps could grab some of it. Today I am going to add a period of 90 minutes no skimmer as we dose it (via apex feed Timer) and see what that does as our skimmer has smelled like a compost pile since when we went to empty it on day 4. So far please take all of these as anecdotal as the product is supposed to work over weeks to a month, but first signs are encouraging so thought I would add our notes.
Bump it up!

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can this be added to top off water or into Alk or Calcium mixture for daily dosing?

I guess my question is will freshwater harm or kill the bacteria.

manuma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
after two months using chroma color on my reef, I can only say that I think it is an excellent product, the health of my corals acropora has improved remarkably, even in my most demanding corals of deep waters, its tissue is thicker and the extension of the polyp is greater.
I dissipated at night since I observe a good response from the coral after dosing it.
Summary: magnificent !!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back