Chromis in Hybrid TTM

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any chance that certain fish are less likely to survive a peroxide bath during the hybrid TTM? I had 1 clown, 2 chromis, 2 cardinalfish, and 1 emperor angelfish in quarantine. Yesterday I performed a peroxide bath for 30 minutes. It went well except with regards to the chromis. They were breathing very shallow and rapidly. Within 5 minutes one of the two was upside down looking like it was seizing. 2 minutes later it was dead. The other chromis just went and hid under the heater. It seemed to also be breathing rapidly.

This morning the second chromis was dead. The other fish are perfectly fine. They are actively swimming around and are voracious eaters. No signs of distress, heavy breathing, lethargy, etc. Not sure what happened.

My wife claims she saw the angel chasing the chromis around in the H2O2 bath. I did not see it personally but it is a possibility.

I had all fish, except the angel, in a holding tank while I monitored them before doing the quarantine period. The angel was just recently picked up and so he went straight into quarantine.

I inspected the two dead fish. NO abrasions. No red marks. No signs of violence.

Any thoughts?

Both QT are 20 gallon longs.

Back