Chromis in qt falling apart

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be any fish but I have a firefish a orchid dottyback and last a chromis which is very young all in qt. They did 30 days ish in copper like champs. Then a week in nothing. Prazipro came in this week abs I dosed accordingly. Everyone has done well. They have been In prazipro for 4 days. Today I came home fed the fish abs my chromis Cinderella started breathing heavily and hid inside a fake plant. I’m not sure if she’s going to pull through it came out of nowhere. This is why we qt. For sure but has anyone else had this Happen from doing great and eating to not doing well in hours. Is prazipro harder on some fish?

thanks again. This does suck because In a week or so these fish were due to go into the display

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praziquantel itself isn't the issue, it's the solvents used to dissolve it that can cause bacterial blooms which then scavenge oxygen from the tank water. However, when that happens, the water almost always turns a bit cloudy and I would expect all of the fish to be affected more or less.

Does the green chromis have any external lesions?

Jay

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi jay no lesions all the fish look great. I have good flow and airation I will keep updated tomorrow. Just thought it was weird that everything went so well are well and than not so good. Thanks again

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t get it. Been in qt for over a month doing amazing eating swimming like a champ. This morning fine. Just went down to the tank and she passed away. I just don’t get it. Is copper and praizipro in qt just too much for these fish abs should we really medicate when things are fine???

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just not a fan of green chromis anymore....seems like half the fish with issues here are chromis! The last ones I got were large ones from Fiji and they did great. Small ones from the info region are just garbage now. One hypothesis is that the supply chain got longer due to covid and small ones just can’t handle it. That said, the length of time you had the fish should gotten past supply chain issues...
Jay

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the fish came from Philippines I was told but yeah I had him for a month or longer weird. Rip

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back