• Bad idea

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

CRG32688

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spotted mandarin goby, 2 black clowns, and a yellow-eyed tang in my 65 gallon reef tank. I added 3 small chromis a week or more ago, and after a couple of days...they biggest of the three had most of his tail missing and was bleeding on his side. I'm thinking my tang got a little territorial....or maybe even the clowns. Whoever nipped at him was ******, and my tang is the most aggressive by far. A couple days later, the chromis died. Now, the two that are left seem to get picked on a little more....so I think I'm goingto buy 3 more today so they have a few more to add to their "gang" for protection. Bad idea? I have plenty of space in my tank so I think they would be fine. Thoughts?

Starblenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure its the Tangs picking on the Chromis? I heard schooling chromis in an aquarium is pretty hard, especially having 3 in a 65gal tank. Chromis tend to pick on 'the weakest' of the group. I think you're going to have one left when its all said and done, even if you add 3 more in your tank. Btw, I put 'good idea' but I meant to put "bad idea"

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back