Chromis with issues

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a chromis that ever since i moved everything from my old aquarium to a bigger one started showing symptoms of distress. He has been swimming in place, not eating, breathing rapidly and reacting poorly to stimulus from the outside, he has been like that since almost a week ago. Today i noticed that his stomach is a little bit flat but other than that no physiological changes in his skin or fins. My blenny, bristletooth tang, clownfish and wrasse are fine.

Tried a FW bath for 3 mins yesterday with little results.

Today i got some medicine, it's a local one from argentina that has nitrofurazone, furazolidone, metronidazol, folic acid and vitamins (b1 b2 b6 and b12) couldn't find any of the brands that everyone suggests in this forum. It says it's for fresh water aswell as marine fish. So i put him in a little 12l tank with heater, wave maker on low and air pump (just in case).

Any chance anyone knows what might be wrong with it? And if the steps i have taken are the right ones and for how long should i treat it?

By the way i haven't taken any photos and the place i put the tank is a cabinet so it's pretty hard for me to take one right now.

Cheers!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a chromis that ever since i moved everything from my old aquarium to a bigger one started showing symptoms of distress. He has been swimming in place, not eating, breathing rapidly and reacting poorly to stimulus from the outside, he has been like that since almost a week ago. Today i noticed that his stomach is a little bit flat but other than that no physiological changes in his skin or fins. My blenny, bristletooth tang, clownfish and wrasse are fine.

Tried a FW bath for 3 mins yesterday with little results.

Today i got some medicine, it's a local one from argentina that has nitrofurazone, furazolidone, metronidazol, folic acid and vitamins (b1 b2 b6 and b12) couldn't find any of the brands that everyone suggests in this forum. It says it's for fresh water aswell as marine fish. So i put him in a little 12l tank with heater, wave maker on low and air pump (just in case).

Any chance anyone knows what might be wrong with it? And if the steps i have taken are the right ones and for how long should i treat it?

By the way i haven't taken any photos and the place i put the tank is a cabinet so it's pretty hard for me to take one right now.

Cheers!
Could it have been injured during the move?
Are there other chromis in the tank?
Jay

OP
OP
entranced

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it have been injured during the move?
Are there other chromis in the tank?
Jay
Not really besides the dust from the new sand, the move was done 2 days after setting up the new tank, since all the new and old rock was live rock I didn’t bother waiting for a “cycle”. No other coral or invert has been hurt in the process.
Initially I thought it was an ammonia issue but no ammonia was present in the tests and everything else is fine.

oh it’s the only chromis in the system, he used to hang out with the clowns and all the fish are well behaved

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back