Chuck's Red Sea Max Nano Build

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely. Still getting the up and down algae issues. My clowns are happy, added some nice coral frags. Some doing well, others not so well. I'm so used to metal halide 10ks from 20 years ago, getting hard to adjust to the more blue look but fun to see the corals pop a bit more with the blues. I certainly am not good at pictures with the bluer lights. I made lots of changes from the original red sea kit but am pleased with the equipment so far:

Tunze 9001 skimmer
AI Nero 3 pump
Radion XR15 G5 Blue light
Jebao DC 1200 return pump
Green Water Killer 3w UV
Eheim auto feeder
ReefDose 4 (Alk, Ca, Mg)
ApexEL

IMG_1409.jpeg
Buy this and your photos will never be blue again:

ORPHEK LENS – 2020 Kit for Smartphones – 4 Included: Macro, CPL 37mm Polarized, 15,000k Orange, 20,000k Yellow – For ALL smartphone models: iphone, samsung, huawei, google pixel, tablets and more!

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how to tell the minute differences of all of the current colorful anemones out there, but I think the store said rainbow bubble tip, but to be honest I don't think they all know the minute differences either ;)

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how to tell the minute differences of all of the current colorful anemones out there, but I think the store said rainbow bubble tip, but to be honest I don't think they all know the minute differences either ;)
Did you get that from Saltwater City? If so then it’s most likely just a regular Rainbow Bubble Tip. That’s where I got mine. That one looks just like mine.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get that from Saltwater City? If so then it’s most likely just a regular Rainbow Bubble Tip. That’s where I got mine. That one looks just like mine.
I got it from Seattle Corals, but likely a Rainbow. It's quite pretty.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from Seattle Corals, but likely a Rainbow. It's quite pretty.
I really like mine but it’s decided to live in a place where you can barely see it, even when it’s all puffed out. It’s quite frustrating actually as it was meant to be a centerpiece of the tank. Nems gonna nem though, what are ya gonna do?

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like mine but it’s decided to live in a place where you can barely see it, even when it’s all puffed out. It’s quite frustrating actually as it was meant to be a centerpiece of the tank. Nems gonna nem though, what are ya gonna do?
I hear ya, mine moved once so far. I was thankful it has stayed in the front .... so far!

Chris99999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! :) You can probably change the spectrum in the app just for the pictures if you want, then change it back after.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked through this thread and it looks stunning!

The acropora frags look beautiful too, and to think it’s not a year old! Mine was a year in March, it has 9 fish but still looks rather barren in terms of coral (Hoping that next week or towards the end of this month I can get to my Acropora dealing LFS and get a few I have seen dotted around on here).

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked through this thread and it looks stunning!

The acropora frags look beautiful too, and to think it’s not a year old! Mine was a year in March, it has 9 fish but still looks rather barren in terms of coral (Hoping that next week or towards the end of this month I can get to my Acropora dealing LFS and get a few I have seen dotted around on here).
Thanks, coming along slowly. I have to be honest, I much prefer metal halides over the LED lighting. Just my preference of a cleaner look. I have up and down coral success. Most are doing okay, a couple I am sure won't make it. But like you said it is a pretty new tank, I don't expect it all to be successful right away, I just don't purchase anything too pricey at this point, that's for sure!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back