OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great mate! Love seeing what other people are doing with their Max Nano builds!
Thanks, everything I have done is no longer the original package. The only thing that I am using from the original system is the tank itself, other than that all other equipment is different. Lights, pumps, skimmer.

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, everything I have done is no longer the original package. The only thing that I am using from the original system is the tank itself, other than that all other equipment is different. Lights, pumps, skimmer.
I also upgraded my lights to radions and went to an electronic ATO! Pump and skimmer are still stock but haven’t had any issues with them so no plans to replace yet. I’m growing LPS and softies tho so those two pieces of equipment do the job for me! But if I was doing SPS a better skimmer higher flow return makes sense.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also upgraded my lights to radions and went to an electronic ATO! Pump and skimmer are still stock but haven’t had any issues with them so no plans to replace yet. I’m growing LPS and softies tho so those two pieces of equipment do the job for me! But if I was doing SPS a better skimmer higher flow return makes sense.
Looking back I would get a waterbox but overall everything is working out. It's fun to explore.

Tamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back I would get a waterbox but overall everything is working out. It's fun to explore.
Oh totally get that. This is my first tank so I went with an AIO as it had everything I needed (besides a heater). Now 8 months in I’d definitely go with a reefer for the traditional sump and my own equipment. But I love the Red Sea tank and stand. Straight quality.

Iinux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just happen to get the red sea at my LFS brand new with stand for 450. They were moving them out for the new one coming in.

I am loving it so far, I have a 750XXL in the other room, but for an office tank Im loving it for the price.

Thank you for all of the answers, glad to have found this thread :)

Iinux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also : how’s the Nero 3 treating you? I reached out to BRS and they stressed how much extra power that pump is. I just love the small foot print.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also : how’s the Nero 3 treating you? I reached out to BRS and they stressed how much extra power that pump is. I just love the small foot print.
I like it a lot. Lots of power for my small tank. It puts out a ton of flow for this small tank, I like the slim profile. Worthwhile purchase in my opinion.

Back